What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just make sure the extension you are buying is not for the Intertap. There is a short and long extension that will fit perlick. I think what you have to do is unscrew the top of tapcooler and screw in the tube into the top and then the other end should fit snug into the tap. Anyway just make sure you don't order the Intertap extension. When I ordered the extension it didn't say for Intertap. If you figure it out before me, take a snapshot and post it please ! Tapcooler did email me that a #2 bung should fit into a 12oz pet plastic bottle and the drilled hole should be 9mm. For those of us that use pet bottles to give away.
This is what I was eyeballing: Tapcooler Filler Extension Tube | MoreBeer

My new children arrived today 😄 :mug:
20211021_174002.jpg

Ok, now this is something I need (that I didn't know existed)! Bought a tapcooler, but it's not a great size to use on my kegerator, and as such I can't really use it "properly", though I've been making due as well as I could.
Edit: I see they make a smaller extension tube, which maybe more like what I need.
Ok in a small nut shell @BrewMan13 and @camonick...i gave the Tapcooler a try today. No matter what I did, I just could not get a good seal using the Tapcooler in the perlick taps. I kept having beer leak around the seal in the tap and even CO2 was coming out of the tap. Maybe next time I will change out the tiny rubber washers on the tap adapter. So, game plan 2. Took of the tap adapter, put in the valve/keg connector..WALLA ! That did the trick, worked like a charm. Be a lot easier if I had a table to put the kegs up on and then be able to sit at a chair but I wasn't going through all that disconnect, reconnect. The pressure relief valve was more a hinderance than a help so I took it off. Keep a bucket handy or some kind of container to catch the release valve drips!! And your starsan bucket to dip your tapcooler into. REMEMBER when the bottle is filled to close the pressure relief valve and the beer valve otherwise squirting beer all over!!! I forgot just once...it was enough. Not sure why my tap adapter wouldn't seal good but the valve/keg connector worked great!

Ok in a small nut shell @BrewMan13 and @camonick...i gave the Tapcooler a try today. No matter what I did, I just could not get a good seal using the Tapcooler in the perlick taps. I kept having beer leak around the seal in the tap and even CO2 was coming out of the tap. Maybe next time I will change out the tiny rubber washers on the tap adapter. So, game plan 2. Took of the tap adapter, put in the valve/keg connector..WALLA ! That did the trick, worked like a charm. Be a lot easier if I had a table to put the kegs up on and then be able to sit at a chair but I wasn't going through all that disconnect, reconnect. The pressure relief valve was more a hinderance than a help so I took it off. Keep a bucket handy or some kind of container to catch the release valve drips!! And your starsan bucket to dip your tapcooler into. REMEMBER when the bottle is filled to close the pressure relief valve and the beer valve otherwise squirting beer all over!!! I forgot just once...it was enough. Not sure why my tap adapter wouldn't seal good but the valve/keg connector worked great!
Pressure relief valve tubing was a hindrance, not the pressure release valve. You have to pretty much open the co2 release valve all the way once the bottle is pressurized. Keep a firm push down on the Tapcooler seal in the bottle otherwise it easily breaks the seal.

Just received a Thermoworks digital thermo with 12" probe. I want to use it for monitoring mash temps, and wort temps during chilling. My Thermapen doesn't have a long enough probe to measure deep and it won't hang from the pot. Now I can retire the wonky analog dial thermo I've had practically forever.

RT610B-12_main-1.jpg

Just received a Thermoworks digital thermo with 12" probe. I want to use it for monitoring mash temps, and wort temps during chilling. My Thermapen doesn't have a long enough probe to measure deep and it won't hang from the pot. Now I can retire the wonky analog dial thermo I've had practically forever.

View attachment 747157
Same one I have. Caution, it doesn't have an auto shutoff, at least mine doesn't. Killed 2 batteries so far.

damn man a 60L milk can is HUGE! what will be hopefully the last fermentor i ever have to buy, besides the other one to keep it company! and the apple juice, that's going to be it's inaugural run!

View attachment 747297

just gotta see how to drill the hole in the lid...but it's a bueaty!!!!
What did that set you back if you don't mind? Looks pretty epic!

Well, it's not from the post: picked up a fermentation chamber/lagering box from @Knightshade. And since I was in the neighborhood, hit up Pizza Port-Carlsbad for pizza and crowlers. Picked up a session IPA, 2 Fresh Hop IPA's, and something described as deeply dank. That plus the pies are going to make passing out Halloween candy this All Hallow's Eve a most excellent night!

Nothing brewing related, but I received a new cabin air filter for my car today. If you haven't checked yours in a year or two, go do it right now. Mine was nasty.
Yup! Did this recently myself, it was disgusting! Can't believe I was breathing that...

Got a tapcooler extension tube, 3 way gas manifold, and the missing ingredients for my next brew. I normally like to buy ingredients at my LHBS, but the tap cooler extension didn't qualify for the sale they (adventures in homebrewing) were having, so needed to get over the minimum somehow...

New Anvil Conical fermenter. Popup the other day when I happened to be on FB. 20% off first mobile order. Ordered through Urban Brewers in Miami. They shipped day they got the order, I received in 3 days..... Perfect service by them and I'll say UPS. $241 total out the pocket... Whoot

Attachments

• 16361435391254823754590849490277.jpg
    16361435391254823754590849490277.jpg
    867.3 KB · Views: 11
Back