What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just cancelled my order......my last with them. I can understand mixups, but it seems they are very content to wait a week to pick items that are in stock (supposedly) from their warehouse. Morebeer never used to be this way. I don't know what is going on with the company right now, but they are a train wreck for customer service.
I've been waiting since the first week of December for my order, granted we are neck deep in a shipping nightmare with the plague but zero follow up from them. I have contacted them several times about my order and they are always good to talk to but what bothers me the most is they aren't willing to ship the kegerator unit now, which is in stock then ship the tap tower later when it arrives. I've read great reviews about them but this time around I'm not feeling it.

Not in the mail, but I did a 2-hour round trip and filled up the wife's Honda with an entire brewing setup from a guy who is getting out of it. Some amazing equipment, I can't wait to really dig in to the stuff! I will be putting together a complete AG setup for someone with my beginner equipment soon as I figure out what's what.

Got two more ClearBeerDraughtSystem units today, I got one for Christmas and love it so I got a couple more to fit for each of my kegs. This is a floating dip tube and draws beer off the top of the keg rather than pulling up all the dregs which settle to the bottom. An innovative solution that I feel is worth the price. Check out the website for more info and ordering: http://www.clearbeerdraughtsystem.com/

Got my new GE Garage Ready 15.7 cu. ft. chest freezer (energy star model). This will go in my garage and I can lager and store up to 10 kegs if I need to, while waiting their turn to come on tap in my kegerator. I am getting more into brewing lagers and Belgians that need time to age in cold storage so this will be perfect.

John

Got a new sight glass in the mail yesterday!

Attachments

• 20210322_175436.jpg
    20210322_175436.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 15
Used Ball Lock Corny 4 pack from Adventures in Homebrewing.
Initial inspection; all were pressurized, minimal dents and only a couple labels for the 4 pack.
This purchase's a WIN! Got to return 3 kegs to brew buddy that NEEDS to keg.
These kegs will put me at 12 kegs including a sanke sixtel.
Life's Good

Used Ball Lock Corny 4 pack from Adventures in Homebrewing.
Initial inspection; all were pressurized, minimal dents and only a couple labels for the 4 pack.
This purchase's a WIN! Got to return 3 kegs to brew buddy that NEEDS to keg.
These kegs will put me at 12 kegs including a sanke sixtel.
Life's Good

Ive gotten 5 used kegs from AIH and all have been in good shape, but pressurized! Surprised they’re allowed to ship like that.

Dan

Faucet to quick disconnect so I can use a real tap rather than the cheap plastic tap on the 3 gallon keg when going to family BBQ'S when and if it ever gets safe to do so this summer. Wife is FuFu haughty so that makes me have to keep up with the Jones's and appearances 😳 so I don't look like the pagan peasant Cossack that I am.
16167613896406167793844063309077.jpg

Wife: They are finding high levels of PFAs in the ground around dumps in town.
me: that's not good...
couple hours later
Me: I found a solution for our "drinking water"

RO system with a 10.7 gallon tank for our "drinking water" from airwaterice and tds meter arrived yesterday does that count?
1616779964513.png
1616780187414.png

What's the role of the TDS meter please?
It lets me know when it is time to change the filter. Suppose it is a little silly when it is new other than I know it is working. My water out of the fridge filter has a total dissolved solids of around 250ppm with a working ro system should be close to 0.

What are the solids likely to be? Might have to use your angle to get the RO but pretty happy with the water quality here, although some parts of NZ have had problems. Trouble is you only find out after the event, lead in the water, and infections.

Nice! Is it easy enough to disable the audible temperature alarm?

Sorry I just saw this. The alarm goes on because when the controller turns on the freezer it is above 20 degrees. You can hit a button and turn it off, if you are in the garage at the time. I have my freezer set to 32 degrees and when it hits 34 it goes on to cool it back down. It doesn't take that long to cool it down as it is pretty efficient ( I have the probe insulated and taped to a full keg). I can't hear the alarm inside my house so it does not bother me. If I am in the garage working on something I can just hit the button and turn off the alarm. I am searching out a way to bypass the alarm as it would be nice to disable it. If you have the freezer inside a room in your house you would have to bypass it as it would drive you crazy. It is a great freezer otherwise. If I find a way to do this I will post back. Anyone know how let me know!

John

Wife: They are finding high levels of PFAs in the ground around dumps in town.
me: that's not good...
couple hours later
Me: I found a solution for our "drinking water"

RO system with a 10.7 gallon tank for our "drinking water" from airwaterice and tds meter arrived yesterday does that count?
View attachment 723554View attachment 723555

Nice work, you’ll love having that system. I’m a serious kidney stone maker so I have to drink insane amounts of water all day and I work from home. My RO system has been a life (or kidney...) saver, and just so happens to also be convenient for brewing ;)

Our TDS out of the city water lines is over 400 ppm. What the hell? o_O

What are the solids likely to be? Might have to use your angle to get the RO but pretty happy with the water quality here, although some parts of NZ have had problems. Trouble is you only find out after the event, lead in the water, and infections.
this is what come out of my county water report basically the calcium gets high depending on how I want to adjust and it's fairly hard requiring about 7ml lactic in most batches.
1616800545862.png

Nice work, you’ll love having that system. I’m a serious kidney stone maker so I have to drink insane amounts of water all day and I work from home. My RO system has been a life (or kidney...) saver, and just so happens to also be convenient for brewing ;)

Our TDS out of the city water lines is over 400 ppm. What the hell? o_O
I'd seriously double check that number. Don't know what level of TDS are permissible outside of the U.S but I can't imagine a modern country being ok with sending out non potable levels to its citizenry...but then again I'm a Michigan native not too far from the Flint lead water crimes against humanity incident so I guess it's more than possible...sad.

I'd seriously double check that number. Don't know what level of TDS are permissible outside of the U.S but I can't imagine a modern country being ok with sending out non potable levels to its citizenry...but then again I'm a Michigan native not too far from the Flint lead water crimes against humanity incident so I guess it's more than possible...sad.

Surprising for sure. Our 2019 water quality report confirms my TDS meter readings: about 550ppm from one plant and 450ppm from the other here in town. Crazy!

I live in an area known for its limestone. Our rivers used to be tourist hot spots back in the early 1900s mineral water craze. Many rivers are milky whiteish.

Dan

Surprising for sure. Our 2019 water quality report confirms my TDS meter readings: about 550ppm from one plant and 450ppm from the other here in town. Crazy!

I live in an area known for its limestone. Our rivers used to be tourist hot spots back in the early 1900s mineral water craze. Many rivers are milky whiteish.

Dan
Truly sad . . . .

Dan
Wow! Might want to invest in a Whole home triple filtration water purifier to soften then run that thru a Pur or Brita for drinking. Surprised everyone in town doesn't have alligator skin!

Dan
I guess one good thing about limestone water, you have the water for some good English ESB

Back