What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewcrate! A selection of beers from local breweries along with some sausages and condiments from the biergarten of the main brewery behind it.
52072CB4-EBB2-435A-8BA7-F09F909187FB.jpeg

Oldest son sent this bit of awesomeness up for my B'day. He's a good son :D

ukeg64.jpg

Cleaning it now, then will fill it in the morning and take it over to my youngest son's house for a visit.

Cheers!

[edit] Hahaha! Well, already learned something critical: "lefty loosey - righty tighty" does not apply to the pressure control knob on the uKeg. Good thing oldest son sent an extra box of carts because I blew through the two included with the growler trying to purge the head space (lol! Habits are hard to break - not even sure I should have tried to do it :D)

Last edited:
Yesterday I got a box of food for our African Grey - still no kegerator. Called MoreBeer, the kegerator unit is in stock but the tap tower is backordered. I asked if they could ship the kegerator now then ship the tower when they get more. They aren't able to do that but they could alter my order to to purchase the fridge then select a different tower. I'll give them a couple more weeks then go that route if the can't fill more original order. What a pain, but our bird Roxy is happy with her delivery!

Oldest son sent this bit of awesomeness up for my B'day. He's a good son :D

View attachment 722021

Cleaning it now, then will fill it in the morning and take it over to my youngest son's house for a visit.

Cheers!

[edit] Hahaha! Well, already learned something critical: "lefty loosey - righty tighty" does not apply to the pressure control knob on the uKeg. Good thing oldest son sent an extra box of carts because I blew through the two included with the growler trying to purge the head space (lol! Habits are hard to break - not even sure I should have tried to do it :D)
Can you force carbonate in one of those???

ETA: Answered my own question...
https://www.growlerwerks.com/blogs/...onate-homebrew-using-ukeg-pressurized-growler

Last edited:
Can you force carbonate in one of those???
ETA: Answered my own question...

Right, I don't know that it would make sense wrt time/cost/etc but they claim it can be done - though I would spring for the 16gram cart sleeve.
I made up a long tube for my bottle filler plug-in spout adapter (the growler won't fit under the tap anyway), chilled the tube and the growler down, wetted both then filled it with carbonated beer as quietly as possible.

One thing I'll do smarter is to wait until we're almost ready to hit the road: I filled the growler the night before because I was overly eager to try it out, and in retrospect that was kinda dumb. Fortunately there was no obvious damage done, and the kids loved the "beer on tap" thing :)

Cheers!

CO2 cylinder received today. Now I'm ready to start kegging. Can't WAIT. Already sold 100 bottles and then discovered a crate in the garage with more than 100 more. That's over and above the 100 I intended on keeping for emergencies, and the swingtops for quick use. Crap.

Yeah I intend on keeping the swingtops, the larger 750ml brown glass bottles and enough 440ml crafts to hold a single batch. Nothing more. Then I should be able to do 3 batches in bottles completely, over and above the keg.

PS: I don't do competitions. I brew for me :)

I've only entered two, but it seems easier when you can counter pressure fill from your keg a beer that you think is great. I moved to champagne bottles for my beer giveaways just because it was a bit different. Especially the clear ones which I keep in the dark.

Yup, I don't intend on bottling from the fermenter anytime soon (obviously style dependent). If I need the keg for something, I'll fill with a brew, carbonate and fill the bottles, and then refill the keg with the beer I need on tap. Simple. Ish.

I'm not getting rid of my bottling stuff though. That's a given.

What came in the mail for me today.....NOTHING. Yet again MoreBeer will show items in stock, quote two day delivery.....but the reality is, my order from this past Monday hasn't even been picked out of the warehouse. This is not an isolated incident. Its more of the routine with them from my experience. I'm questioning my sanity for even hoping for a different result. Oh well.

NOTHING from MoreBeer for me either! I've ordered a few things from MoreBeer in the past but this kegerator deal has me baffled. I've seen on their site reviews from purchased kegerators for the 3 & 4 tap models, "Purchased 2 weeks ago", both of which according to their site are labeled backordered. When I asked them about that they said they understand my frustration. I ordered the two tap version.

I told them I'd wait for a couple weeks with the hope my order gets filled and if it doesn't I try to swap it with something in stock or just cancel my order and hope I get a prompt refund.

I told them I'd wait for a couple weeks with the hope my order gets filled and if it doesn't I try to swap it with something in stock or just cancel my order and hope I get a prompt refund.

I just cancelled my order......my last with them. I can understand mixups, but it seems they are very content to wait a week to pick items that are in stock (supposedly) from their warehouse. Morebeer never used to be this way. I don't know what is going on with the company right now, but they are a train wreck for customer service.

Back