What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Water safe hose? :D

Re: Amazon…always great for me but their packaging decisions leave something to be desired. A fishing pole, for example, came in a box that was 5' tall (it was a 6' rod that split into two), 3' wide and 6" deep. It was smashed all over but I got it in one piece and spent 10 minutes trying to cut the cardboard up for recycling.

What came for me: nada. I forgot to hit "order" on my Amazon cart. :eek: I'll stop shopping at 3 am.

Are these orders shipped and sold by Amazon or sold by others and shipped by Amazon? That could be the problem.

They're a combination with the majority be from Amazon. I've learned that relying on the Amazon "Marketplace" vendors is a waste of time and money.
Rapidly beginning to think the same of Amazon!
My second Next Day shipping order did arrive! Now as soon as I confirm I've received the proper credits I'll close my account!!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

14545395716_f05477628b_c.jpg

Sent from a friend in FL, sadly their homebrew cap leaked in the box :( I recapped it and leaving it to carbonate till Sunday since thats when they said it was supposed to be ready to drink and see how it goes.

24 1 liter bottles, stuff for my chocolate stout, a new bottle brush, and a fast rack bottle holder thing.

Hell/ looking back my last four orders have been FUBAR'd. I'm still waiting on one order from 4/29 that's supposedly has been re shipped twice!
No more Amazon for me. IF my next day shipment actually shows up today I'm closing my account.

Sounds like a local warehouse issue.
The nearest warehouse is only 90 min from me. Constantly get my packages on time or before. Warning though if the last leg of the delivery is threw the post office, they WILL fubar it up.

Amazon --> ups/fedex --> home = on time
Amazon --> ups/fedex --> usps --> home = late and sometimes crushed

Was working at the local UPS distribution point last week. Talking to a manager about this issue. He said the postal service contracted with amazon and ups to do a certain percentage of deliveries in order to build up the numbers. Basically the USPS can not compete and is slowly going out of business. It wants to use its powers to make its self 'seem' useful.

Sorry you have had all these issues. I have Prime and have placed 100 orders without any issues

Ditto. Just had my first shipping snafu with a part that ups miss sorted. Amazon have me a $5 credit and extended my prime membership a month. Even though it wasn't their mistake.

Gojira peppered pale ale kit from NB. Not sure when I'll get to brew it, but hopefully soon!

Mini xlr jacks. So I can replace the stupid metal coated wires on my pt100 temperature sensors

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1404839096.674231.jpg

Actually yesterday but..... Two keg sight glasses and a thermometer from BrewHardware.

Woohoo four 3 gallon kegs!!!!

Edit: I did notice they have 5 gallon or 640 oz stamped in the side. All good though. After measuring they are indeed 3 gallon. Just mis stamped lol
Sent from somewhere to someone

0003278458039_500X500.jpg

Haven't fished in years, but got my license the other day, pole arrived today and a new tackle box........

Post # 1,000................

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405431657.742177.jpg
Michelin Commander II to replace a Avon that's life was cut short by a giant screw.

Nothing home-brew related, but I got my second "Holiday" expansion pack for Cards Against Humanity. :) Can't wait to break in my two holiday expansion sets. :)

Picked up ingredients for 2 beers. A basic pilsner and my imperial RedPA. Should have my brewpi temp probes in today or tomorrow.

2 vials WLP001
malted red wheat
carafoam
melanoiden
blowoff tube
clamps
stoppers

I've got about 30lbs remaining from a sack of Golden Promise plus about 23 ounces of hops in the freezer so I'm pretty good for putting together my first 10 gallon batch!

My fan came in the mail today. Finally getting around to building my stir plate. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405652807.248056.jpg

1 ea. Saaz pellets 100g 3.0% AA Vacuum packed 2013 Harvest
1 ea. Wine Whip Degasser
1 ea. Simcoe Pellets 100g Vacuum packed Alpha Acid 13.0% 2013 harvest
1 ea. H. Hersbruker Pellets Alpha acid 3.8% 100g Vacuum packed 2012
1 ea. Willamete Pellets Vacuum Packed 100g Alpha Acid 5.7% 2013 Har
1 ea. Twin Lever Corker Standard
1 ea. Brewferm Blanche Wheat Yeast
1 ea. Wheat - crushed grain 3kg
1 ea. Kenridge Classic Shiraz Makes 30 bottles
2 ea. Flaked Barley - crushed grains 500g
1 ea. Carafa Special Type III Crushed 500g (Weyermanns)
1 ea. Munich - crushed grain 3kg
1 ea. Vienna - crushed grain 3kg
1 ea. Shrink Capsules Burgundy (30 Pack)
1 ea. Safale US-05 Yeast
2 ea. Winemaster Corks (20)
2 ea. Carapils - crushed grain 500g (Weyermanns)
2 ea. Danstar Nottingham Beer Yeast 11g
3 ea. Polythene Tubing Clear 1/2" Bore per meter
1 ea. Mini-Keg and Bung €8.00
1 ea. Rye Malt Crushed 500g (Weyermans)
1 ea. East Kent Goldings Pellets Vacuum Packed 100g 5.7% 2013 Harvest
1 ea. Safbrew T-58 Yeast €2.40
1 ea. Super Low Crystal Whole (Caramalt) 15 EBC - 1kg (Fawcett)

:fro:

I've got one of those sitting on top of my home theater receiver to keep it cool. Its got nice construction but not sure about how your going to rig it up for a stir plate.

A lot of people have, including myself and it works perfect. I am about to order another one to have 2 stirplates. :D

Yeah it's a ready made diy stir plate. It had the pot already all you need is an enclosure and magnets.

NB Edelmetall burner and Tall Boy 8 G SS brew pot.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Back