• We have a new forum and it needs your help! Homebrewing Deals is a forum to post whatever deals and specials you find that other homebrewers might value! Includes coupon layering, Craigslist finds, eBay finds, Amazon specials, etc.

What came in the mail for you today?

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

seanjwalker1

Dunkel Vater
Reaction score
Used the Keg Carbing Lid that came the other day and can't recommend it enough. I am drinking fully carbed beer the next day!
Lucky you. Couldn't get the one on my 5 gallon keg to work no matter what I did. Had to do mine the hard way, shake rattle and roll! Bumped it up to 30 for 12 hours, coming along nicely. Gonna order another el cheapo from Wal-Mart that actually works

deuc224

Reaction score
Another grainfather fermenter. Man Im seriously gonna either grab a pro mill and motor or another fermenter.

deuc224

Reaction score
I have to find a way to try that one. Will be on the lookout, thanks guys.

camonick

Mediocre brewer... Expert drinker
Reaction score
2 deliveries today!!!
FotHB beers from @wepeeler in box #1
4346A0A2-E473-4937-8B42-4734416BE994.jpeg

Ingredients in box #2. Working on my Guinness Draught clone, my next attempt will have more regionally correct grains. 25 lbs of Stout Malt from the Malting Company of Ireland and 4 lbs British roasted barley from Crisp malting.
5A105975-3C22-44CF-9657-867ED5E3B974.jpeg

Romex2121

Reaction score
Looks like I’m moving up a little in the home brew world , After a lot of hinting on my part my wife ordered a 3.5 gal. SS brew bucket for me for Father’s Day and it just showed up today ..
I love it !! Much nicer than the 3 gal. Water bottles I’ve been using to ferment in ( I do 3 gal batches) and it’ll fit in my mini fridge just right , it has the cone type bottom and adjustable tube for draining beer to bottling bucket that I hope will help keep trub and yeast to a minimum..
May seem strange but I like to see the fermentation process in my clear water bottles witch I won’t be able to do with the new SS brew bucket but I’m still excited to try it out ........

deuc224

Reaction score
A few varieties of hops for next years brewing; took advantage of the Hops Direct sale. Amarillo, hallertau mittelfrueh, rakau, citra.
Damn you man, I didnt know about this and just got 12 pounds of various hop pellets. I can be spending like this right now.!!!!!!!!!!

Kharnynb

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
How is it? My HQ office is in Toulouse, FR, sooooooooooooooo I know good cassoulet ; )
as far as canned cassoulet goes, it's about the best i've had.

how does it compare to cassoulet freshly made in the languedoc?

I've had much better and much worse, some of the touristy crap around carcasonne is dire, but i've had some made in axat(small village south of limoux) that was near divine.

edit. researching on wikipedia, i found this gem....
In U.S. restaurants, the term cassoulet is often applied to any hearty bean-based casserole, with variations such as salmon cassoulet.[10]
eeeeeuw

TwistedGray

El Jefe Brewing Company
Reaction score
as far as canned cassoulet goes, it's about the best i've had.

how does it compare to cassoulet freshly made in the languedoc?

I've had much better and much worse, some of the touristy crap around carcasonne is dire, but i've had some made in axat(small village south of limoux) that was near divine.

edit. researching on wikipedia, i found this gem....
In U.S. restaurants, the term cassoulet is often applied to any hearty bean-based casserole, with variations such as salmon cassoulet.[10]
eeeeeuw
Thanks...I missed my opportunity this year to go to Toulouse to imbibe in some cassoulet :*(

Northern_Brewer

British - apparently some US company stole my name
Reaction score
Some new pets - TYB say that Lida is "low flocculation" but it looks a complete rock in the tube; they promise "apricot, stone fruit and white wine grape esters, with a balanced malt character coming through on the finish".

Ubbe is the Wicklow ripoff of - err, "homage to" - Bootleg Oslo.

CF184 is a new British hop from Farams which promises "Lemon, pine, melon flavours".
temp.jpg