What brewery are you visiting?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neighbors Brewing in Leeds, AL.
IMG_20220617_162925267.jpg

On vacation this week. Sorry no pics all were pretty good:
Cape May Brewing - Cape May NJ
Cold Spring Brewery - Cape May NJ
Mud Hen Brewing - Wildwood NJ
If you're still in the Cape May area, check out Gusto Brewing - they have some really good beers. Particularly if you like English styles - Ordinary Bitter, Best Bitter and English porter.

Nimble Hill brewing, about 40 min from camp in Pennsylvania the other day. Really good porter, Belgian and cherry sour. Bought a couple bottles of something described as a cross between a chocolate Stout and wine (place is also a winery) but yet to try. Might hit something else tomorrow.
PXL_20220628_164027495.jpg

Drove back to San Francisco and dropped off the rental car. Took the Bart to hotel then to Oakland….

Attachments

• FBE88FE8-4B9D-4CA4-81CA-EE13A8E5A818.jpeg
    FBE88FE8-4B9D-4CA4-81CA-EE13A8E5A818.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 499E3D41-6236-498D-A5C2-6CA7B9980B1C.jpeg
    499E3D41-6236-498D-A5C2-6CA7B9980B1C.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Unfortunately no photos, but just finished a loosely planned trip about the mitten.

Ellison and Jolly Pumpkin in E. Lansing
Greyline, Creston, Founders in Grand Rapids
Bells in Kalamazoo
One Nation in Williamston

Was already familiar with the Founders, Jolly Pumpkin and Bells options, as anyone in Michigan is. Creston and Greyline were first time visits. Not surprising based on the tough competition in the area, but both are producing some really nice beers.

Traveling through Central Virginia tomorrow and planning to stop by Devil's Backbone in the vicinity of Charlottesville, right off the Blue Ridge Parkway. They have a Vienna lager that they're famous for which is supposed to be very legit to style.

I brewed a Vienna for a recent comp which turned out quite well. Advanced to the mini-BOS, only to lose out to another entry of mine - a Czech lager which took top honors. I was very pleased with both beers, but in fact thought the Vienna was better than the Czech. What do I know?

Anyway, hoping to taste DB's interpretation of Vienna, and see if I can suss out some brewing secrets.

I visit Varietal Brewing in Sunnyside, WA a couple time per month, and keep forgetting to snag an image while I'm there (so I borrowed this one from the local news)

1669848423231.png

As this is right in the center of Hop growing country, it's an outstanding place to be during harvest time when new fresh hop brews are hitting the taps daily. They also have an excellent barrel aged offering if you're into those.

Local food trucks frequent the place, and I've never had a meal I wasn't salivating over

Spent the holiday visiting the Florida Keys. Islamorada Brewing and Florida Keys Brewing were awesome stops, great outside areas.

View attachment 806769

I love the Keys, but SWMBO'd doesn't like the long drive, so we usually hang out in St. Pete on the west side when we go to Florida, usually 2-3 times per year. LOTS of great brewing in Tampa/St. Pete.

I love the Keys, but SWMBO'd doesn't like the long drive, so we usually hang out in St. Pete on the west side when we go to Florida, usually 2-3 times per year. LOTS of great brewing in Tampa/St. Pete.
We usually hit the St Pete/Tampa area about 2-3 times a year as well. The Keys are wonderful, but the drive is long and it is mad expensive there!

Somers Point Brewing, Somers Point NJ. A diverse and consistent lineup of very high-quality brews, every day that I've ever visited. Pictured is their Josie Kelly's Irish Red, which is served in Irish pub of the same name a few miles away. Dangerously good.

Attachments

• 20221231_134746.jpg
    20221231_134746.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Russian River just opened a new place in Windsor. I would like to check it out. Also, found out a coworker's ex wife is a brewer at Drake's. Might have to see if it is ok with him if I say hi. Also, I think Bear Republic is close by, I might go check that out too.

You all gave me a great retirement idea. Travel and visit Breweries around the country. Sounds like a good plan.

Back