What are you listening to (music!!!) right now? Embarrassing or not... share

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The past 6 weeks this video has remained quite a mesmerizing experience, every time I see/hear it.

I was not there at the time, too young, only 14. But I have been on the Isle a few times, in the mid 80s, during sailing vacations. I even looked over the site where the Festival was held at the time.

I tell ya, this is what live music is all about!
And no, it's not easy to play this. He was a true marvel, as is his music, and videos, which is how he lives on, forever...

I was just listening to Jelly Roll Morton. Album: The Library of Congress Recordings (Rounder Records released early 2000's).

There was a knock on my door, my wife answered it and called me to the door. A young couple (one of the few in this elderly village) with their toddler daughter from down the street was there and wanted to know what I was playing. They were excited because their three year old was dancing to it and she had never shown ANY interest in ANY music before.

I was excited because they have been giving me the "stink eye" for the past yer or so, and I could never figure out why. I promised them I'd burn them a CD of Jelly Roll, and a couple other cd's of similar artists (20's/30's piano jazz). They were excited. I love getting past stupid stuff, and being friendly with everyone!

In my top 10 albums of all time: Jennifer Warnes covers of a bunch of Leonard Cohen's songs. Her wonderful voice and his wonderful lyrics. I listen to this album all the time.

Edit: the album is Famous Blue Raincoat. I guess I'm a romantic, as if anyone would go and get that. But my god.

She does have a nice voice but as I am listen to song the guitar stands out, thinking sounds like Stevie Ray Vaughn, and sure enough it was.

More SRV

This actually started playing after the Jennifer Warnes song but I stopped it, then after listening to her in the video here I thought I would listen to it after all.

edit: My ear must be tuned to the guitar today, like the sound of his playing, another artist to explore.

Last edited:
I'm hoping to find some new things to listen to, my music tastes are pretty wide-ranging but am always looking for something new to sample. I'd like to see people post what they're listening to RIGHT NOW (embarrassing or not) to try out... maybe others will do the same. So I'll start... :ban:

Artist: Goldie Lookin' Chain
Song: Bad Luck
Cowboy Sh*t- Kenny Fiedler

Here In Heaven - Sparks

Here, there are lots of things to do
And a panoramic view
Of the universe completely surrounding you
And here, you cannot buy souvenirs
We're never going back, never ever
Basically, I guess it could be worse
Yes I do, suppose it could be worse
Here, there are many, many sheep