What are you listening to (music!!!) right now? Embarrassing or not... share

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4CE74161-9F4A-4F80-880F-D5834D93251D.jpeg

From 1961.. Summit Meeting

This is why I got a turntable, finding a 62 year old near mint jazz album..doubt that it ever got played more than once, and letting the music that is hidden in the grooves out in the world again.View attachment 815801
I have mad respect for you guys turning vinyl. Maybe one day. Vinyl can sound SO GOOD.

I might have said this before (forgive me, I'm getting old). I was visiting a friend of mine in his office. He has giant 70's style speakers sitting around. It wasn't loud. But it was LIFELIKE. Imma telling you, sounded like Dave Brubeck was playing Take Five right in this little office. The percussion! He had a turntable in the corner, and the disk was spinning.

Not that the world really needed yet another rendition, but overall that was an excellent effort, with the guitar soloist particularly impressive, while the vocalists managed to not overly detract from the orchestra. Two thumbs up!
Agreed. What surprised me was that these were not professionals but all college students.
https://www.trinityorchestra.com/

I have four or five Ramsey Lewis albums, all 50+ years old , and damn, this guy and his band needs more recognition. And Jean DuShon.. her voice is like butter. Get some toast and spread it on thick !
20230401_204554.jpg

Polish hardcore punk in emotional mood on and on.

When my daughter was in high school, her school orchestra organized a trip to Poland, and at the time, the missus and I both thought: "Poland?!? Who the hell would spend 'fly-to-europe' money, and then just go to Poland"?!? Long story short (as they say), the missus ended up going as a chaperone, and to this day (some 15 years later), they both go on and on about what an incredible experience the whole trip was.

Downloaded this AT LEAST 20 years ago off of good old alt.binaries.mp3s, and I still queue it up every now and then... Absolutely NO IDEA who the artist is! Does anyone recognize it?

The mp3-tags say:
title: your pet
artist: Ozzy's Favorites
album: CJ
date: 2000

/me pours one out for usenet... <sniff>

Attachments

• your_pet.mp3
    3 MB
Downloaded this AT LEAST 20 years ago off of good old alt.binaries.mp3s, and I still queue it up every now and then... Absolutely NO IDEA who the artist is! Does anyone recognize it?

The mp3-tags say:
title: your pet
artist: Ozzy's Favorites
album: CJ
date: 2000

/me pours one out for usenet... <sniff>
don't know the song but sounds like Metallica

Back