What are you listening to (music!!!) right now? Embarrassing or not... share

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, and listening to L7, '****list.' Make sure there's not any yung-uns' around should you decide to check them out....consider it fair warning.:eek:

You can also check out 'Pretend That We're Dead ' if so inclined, no swears there. :ban:

I haven't been able to stop listening to Jack White's solo album since I bought it two weeks ago. GREAT album.

Pantera- Planet Caravan, and Hollow
Johnny Cash- Hurt
Overkill- Years of Decay
Dio- the Holy Diver album

You, sir, are a steely-eyed missile man. Truly awesome. A bit sludgy and will fit in quite nicely with my Mastodon / Fu Manchu / Clutch playlist. :rockin:

Their sound is just incredible. Dark. Reminds me of a cold, dead winter day.

Today, it will be Riverside, not the American pop/screamo act, but the Polish prog group. Very Porcupine Tree-ish, very good. Check out the Anno Domini High Definition album, good chit. :mug:

About to tune in some Rhonda Larson on Spotify. She's soon moving back to Connecticut and the family is going to see her farewell performance in South Haven at the end of the month. Such a talented flute player and song writer.

Ok I'll Play

For some reason as the weather get nicer and nicer I seem to listen to a ton more Dub and Raggae, guess it just lends itself to the sun and summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair to Midland. I have both of their albums on shuffle. Those guys are awesome!

Hi Dan, I have posted a bit on your thread and check back on it because I'm always interested in finding something new I might enjoy. (Dishwasher...not so much, lol...). :D

On your theme, I do like some big -band era stuff, namely what you posted and the Benny Goodman Orchestra. The small town I grew up in had a 'Benny Goodman Park' and all the locals played Benny Goodman records ... a lot. I'm sure people will recognize this:

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=62ZSQUyU00s

Thanks for the link Dawn.

Monophonics from San Francisco. Greyhounds. JJ grey and mofro. ALO. And other funky stuff

at the moment, an oldie from Simon & Garfunkel: "Baby Driver" has just come up on my random mix on my phone.

Nice! They had such an odd duality - some of their work was really moody and sad, while other songs make my head bob in a happy little manner. :)

Mudvayne - 'Happy.' It's ironic, as I am *not* happy right now. But hey, going to pop one of my Cherry Stout's, listen to some music, and RDWHAHB...:D

Eibon. Entering Darkness. French black doom. Listened to Agollach-Ashes Against the Grain all damn day! :)

image-2646913336.jpg

Cascadian Black Metal

NordeastBrewer77 said:
One of my favorites of theirs. Amazing band. I'll have to check out Eibon.

Right now, Katatonia, shuffling everything of theirs.

Definately check out Eibon. They've ruined metal for me. Never heard anything like it. The Best Crushing Black Doom out there. They're from Paris, but beware the international superband that share the same name. They SUCK!
I truly hope you can find Eibon: Entering Darkness, tho. You'll thank me! Cheers!!

Definately check out Eibon. They've ruined metal for me. Never heard anything like it. The Best Crushing Black Doom out there. They're from Paris, but beware the international superband that share the same name. They SUCK!
I truly hope you can find Eibon: Entering Darkness, tho. You'll thank me! Cheers!!

Listening now, Entering Darkness, by the Frenchie band, not the one with Phil Anselmo? Really? That WAS horrible. These guys from France though, they're pretty sweet. Nice sludgy doom, the vocals are haunting, very nice, this'll be on my iTunes for sure. Thanks for the tip! :rockin: :tank: :rockin:

NordeastBrewer77 said:
Listening now, Entering Darkness, by the Frenchie band, not the one with Phil Anselmo? Really? That WAS horrible. These guys from France though, they're pretty sweet. Nice sludgy doom, this'll be on my iTunes for sure. Thanks for the tip! :rockin: :tank: :rockin:

Awesome dude! Always glad to help turn on the metal heads. Like I said, they've ruined me.

NordeastBrewer77 said:
That's how I feel about Agalloch. Eibon's great though, DLing some now. :rockin:

They have only one full length: ....Darkness, but an amazing 2song ep just titled Eibon. Also a split w/ a lame band, hangman's chair, but I'm not in love with it. Ever listen to Wolves In The Throne Room? Fauna? Asunder?

Latest posts

Back