What are you listening to (music!!!) right now? Embarrassing or not... share

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
King Crimson fans might like the music of of the now defunct band Porcupine Tree. KC's current drummer, Gavin Harrison was PT's drummer, he's one of my favorite drummers ever. Here he deconstructs one of PT's songs, from his drumming perspective.

Last edited:
King Crimson fans might like the music of of the now defunct band Porcupine Tree. KC's current drummer, Gavin Harrison was PT's drummer, he's one of my favorite drummers ever. Here he deconstructs one of PT's songs, from his drumming perspective.

Thanks for mentioning Porcupine Tree. Somehow I've missed ever hearing them. This track is great...

As is this one...

And WOW, what an extensive rabbit hole it turned out to be. Huge catalog and so many great songs, I can't believe I never came across them in my searches for new music. Thanks again.
Steven Wilson writes some very powerful songs. When visuals are added they're taken to another level.

Steven Wilson writes some very powerful songs. When visuals are added they're taken to another level.

...and this one gets me every time.

I watched both. I want to kill myself now. But it was, really, amazing. Both ended somewhat happy, but my god. 2nd one especially, oof. And I was thinking my previous Creep video was lachrymose... haha.

I watched both. I want to kill myself now. But it was, really, amazing. Both ended somewhat happy, but my god. 2nd one especially, oof. And I was thinking my previous Creep video was lachrymose... haha.
I had to see what that was about, and I couldn't make it past 1 min. It seemed implied child loss and I cant go there unless I really want to cry or something.

I had to see what that was about, and I couldn't make it past 1 min. It seemed implied child loss and I cant go there unless I really want to cry or something.

1st one is old lonely dude lamenting a long-dead sister, second one is woman's family (husband/2 kids) killed in a school shooting. Uplifting stuff!

1st one is old lonely dude lamenting a long-dead sister, second one is woman's family (husband/2 kids) killed in a school shooting. Uplifting stuff!
Man glad I didn't get that far, thanks for the summary. That's a bad subject for me.

Have a lot to catch up with y'alls posts but it's Disney time with the grandkids around. Brewing with Disney..[emoji19]
Screenshot_2019-06-12-16-21-46.jpeg

Just stumbled upon this little new age darker version of Alanis Morissette...

Bonus content: She also dances like Elaine...

A fantastically talented family that was almost destroyed by the actions of their father. They were just kids when they recorded this.

Going back to the 60s for this little ditty sung by The Cyrkle

But, did you know it was co-written by Paul Simon?

Maine, being a rather backwards state in the 60's, had pretty limited radio music that appealed to kids. I can remember that song being in a regular rotation on our local AM pop music stations. We didn't actually get a FM rock station in my area until 1973 and then our minds were truly expanded.

Back