What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A15DFC97-C13A-48AA-ACAC-73E803E82F1C.jpeg

Cold weather creeping in here (I hate it) so I thought I would have one of my 2020 barleywine. Sierra Nevada does Bigfoot so I do a play on that and call mine Big Fist. Always fun to have a label with a picture of Mike Tyson punching a guy in the face.

“Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.” - Mike Tyson

Note the re-purposed Fullers bottle. Love those bottles.

43300002-A781-491E-BAE6-3F9AFF7FABA7.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 782587
Finally I get to have it. Thanks @j1laskey !
How did it hold up? I still have a few bottles from 2020 in the cellar. I was too busy last year with the twins being so little, I didn't get to brew this or my annual barleywine. But this year both are on the docket.....and the 2022 BOC Caramel Quad!

How did it hold up? I still have a few bottles from 2020 in the cellar. I was too busy last year with the twins being so little, I didn't get to brew this or my annual barleywine. But this year both are on the docket.....and the 2022 BOC Caramel Quad!
I enjoyed it, and would describe it as smooth. Fig still noticeable. Held up well.

My HB Vienna Lager has almost dropped totally clear. This is my first experience with using solely craft malts and I already can’t wait to brew this up again.

View attachment 782830
Glad to hear you had a good experience with it. I used some craft malts in my wet hop pale this year (about 12%) and I felt like I was having a placebo effect thinking it was different. I’ll be kegging it tonight actually

Back