What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lallemand London and S-04 copitch, which is my go to for British ales.
Can’t speak from any experience on that. I rarely use dry yeast except 34/70. I used Verdant once and I didn’t like it. I’m mostly a Wyeast guy. I have a pack of 1335 I’m about to do something with.

Can’t speak from any experience on that. I rarely use dry yeast except 34/70. I used Verdant once and I didn’t like it. I’m mostly a Wyeast guy. I have a pack of 1335 I’m about to do something with.
I mostly use dry these days. Much more convenient and the range of selection is so much bigger than even a couple of years ago. The only time I tend to use liquids is if I can't get an equivalent in dry (eg WLP007 or WPL090)

Another Kona Blend while waiting for my wort to boil.
20220925_105205.jpg

@TwistedGray this is for your buddy from my buddy. Little more stout than porter this time due to dark grain availability in my local homebrew basement, but it'll work. This is a 'carb sample' of the Harry that I put in bottles last week. Cheers brother, feeling for ya.

ACCEA346-D8C8-4819-B9DA-705C32C1FA5D.jpeg

Traded some ciders for a HM muscadine wine with a guy at MotoAmerica. Expected the super sweet dessert wine you often get with many of these types of wine. This one is very well made, semi-sweet, very good flavor. Not a big wine evaluator, so can't go into a detailed description, but I definitely like it and will drink it all!
IMG_20220925_200732488.jpg

Last edited:
Morning coffee. We’re leaving Wildwood today, headed back home after combo Irish Festival / Octoberfest weekend. Spent about 2.5 hours metal detecting on the beach on Saturday. Found 3 quarters and 3 dimes, for $1.05, all modern coins. Oldest one is 1984. The beach turns them reddish brown, almost like pennies from the minerals. So we got a whopping .42 an hour! Doesn’t even pay for the batteries.

EAF3F6F7-29EB-4CB7-AE75-FC05574B3836.jpeg

FDDEC1B9-9609-4815-B7B6-70DE1CB9D876.jpeg

Last edited:
Back