What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coffee :coff4: good morning all.
Mmmmmm morning coffee.
539E4264-7C36-4560-8E92-149A2550C997.jpeg

Reykjavik.
I must admit I didn't hardly anything about Reykjavik. I like dropping the little guy from the map onto the streets to see what living looks like in other parts. It's fascinating and a little crazy that it's so easy to "walk" up and down the street in another country.

I'm drinking the last bottle of some "grape cider" I made a few months ago. (don't know what else to call it) 3 quarts of grape juice, 1 quart of water, fermented with wine yeast and no added sugar. Then I bottled it like beer. It should be about 5% ABV or just a little higher but less than 6%. It's a lovely color and it's refreshing, but a little too dry and puckery. Maybe that's the tannin. I will make it again but add a teaspoon of erythritol to each bottle next time.

I'm drinking the last bottle of some "grape cider" I made a few months ago. (don't know what else to call it) 3 quarts of grape juice, 1 quart of water, fermented with wine yeast and no added sugar. Then I bottled it like beer. It should be about 5% ABV or just a little higher but less than 6%. It's a lovely color and it's refreshing, but a little too dry and puckery. Maybe that's the tannin. I will make it again but add a teaspoon of erythritol to each bottle next time.
EC1118? Wine yeast loves to dry out. There is semi-sweet yeast out there if you're interested.

EC1118? Wine yeast loves to dry out. There is semi-sweet yeast out there if you're interested.
I don't remember but I think it was Cote des Blancs. I use that with apple juice all the time and it's just as dry but more pleasant. That's why I think it's the tannin. At the time, I couldn't find any apple juice for sale and there was this 3 quart jug of grape juice...

Apple juice is back and the price is back to normal, but I have another jug of grape that my brother bought by mistake so I am destined to try again :)

How’d you get a Grodz that clear? Mine are always very cloudy, I’ve always assumed from all the wheat.
I changed the grain Bill to 90% oak smoked wheat and 10% red wheat. Other than that, I didn't do anything else. My previous one was 100% oak smoked wheat and didn't clear up. This is the first one I've made that got clear. So, I'm guessing that might be it?

Yes! Thanks for you and everyone who served! I appreciate you!

Most of my family has passed on well known dates. My Grandpa Bum, dad's side, passed during this weekend in 1990. A WWII vet fighting on the ground mostly in the Pacific. He was a farmer and loving caring soul. Hated every minute of it, despised is probably a better word. Knowing what would come, though, if tyranny won out was what he fought for. 🍻 To those who hate war but fought anyway.

On a lighter note, my proof of concept for viewing the sun worked out and deserves a beer!

PXL_20220529_214940652.jpg
Screenshot_20220529-171353.png
PXL_20220529_221101915.PORTRAIT.jpg

Back