What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That has become my go to summer yeast. I’ve always had a hard time cooling to 65-ish without wasting a ton of water. This works great and it starts within an hour and no off-flavors.
Voss, Lutra and Nottingham have become my "holy trinity", unless I am brewing weiss, in which case I use a German or Belgian Weissbier strain.

I've got a bottle of that, haven't made up my mind about it yet. Much more flavor than Bailey's, but also sweeter. A snifter-full of it straight up I do not think I'd enjoy.

That's not to knock your tastes. From most of your posts here, I'd be happy to sidle up to your bar.
Actually that was a half and half with Jameson. You might find that a bit more palatable. Personally, I love Irish Creme and drink it as a cordial all the time.

Well I'm not drinking it yet But I screwed-up and grabbed the wrong bottle at the store.
I grabbed a La Fin du Monde. I know I've had it before but it has been years.
View attachment 760777

What I had intended to grab was a Maudite. I may drive back and get one since I just learned I'm on my own for dinner and I don't feel like cooking ;)
View attachment 760778
You didn't screw up! Both are fantastic!

Late February sweatshirt weather

High-ena fruited sour - Tripping Animals Fidens collab

IMG_20220226_143503.jpg

OK, I admit I bought this beer mostly because of the label, but also because I’ve had a couple of this guy’s other beers (it is a one man brewery) and thought they were pretty good. The owner/brewer raises Vizlas and all of his beers have some breed of dog in the name.

I don’t consider myself an accomplished practioner of the lupulin arts (which is to say I don’t brew a lot of hoppy beers) but I think I could brew a better IPA by accident. This is bitter but with no recognizable hop flavor and with a weird, sweet finish. But, it does have a clever label.
Edit-forgot 2nd pic.
C33CB270-FFC7-4FAD-8888-23DD0E07FC14.jpeg

B25A3A75-3CE7-48B3-A6DB-ED8C893F238C.jpeg

Last edited:
@Wildfields Brewhouse enjoying a Magic Swirling Sip, a Scottish Ale, ( @Pianoman brews a much better one).

View attachment 760902

Did you ever brew the Scottish Ale? My dad's still fighting cancer in the Sierra's. If he ever makes it down to SLO, will fly out and will check out that new brewery for sure...🤞. Thanks for posting!

photobomber
standing still would be nice. I'm guessing it's a great looking dog.
Now, this is not a joke, we had a dog who'd run around and around the garage so much he made a high-banked track in the lawn that you could see from the satellite photo.
Those were the days....

View attachment 760921half pint of hb altbier while transferring an American wheat to the fermenter. It's a perfect beer for this time of year.
That’s a great looking Alt. My favorite beer style. I’m drinking one of mine now.
042BA401-71CC-4280-A286-721F77FD561C.jpeg

HB Munich Dunkel with a Rocky Mountain Oyster and onion rings dinner.
There's no way those onion rings aren't/weren't awesome. if you made them, could you be so kind as to post your batter recipe on the "What did I cook this Weekend" thread? I got a decent batter but it pales to what I just saw.
@Section1 posts really, really nice tacos regular enough that I know his/her name on sight and what to expect.
I love it.

Back