What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
35585A39-02C4-47FD-B174-BCF435DE6FA1.jpeg
3C33E701-9DA4-43C8-94D3-81DCB0042FEC.jpeg

Tasting a kegging sample of my new Munich Dunkel. Yo Buddy!!… this is going to be a good one. I don’t know why I did it, but I changed the dark grains a little bit and I don’t think it hurt a thing. It’s a touch darker than I expected but still within style guidelines.
56506FA5-6027-4C99-A5F2-EEA49481B8C4.jpeg

Mt. Defiance Absinthe. Just got a case delivery from my DW's cousin who lives down in Southern VA. Woot! 2nd best US Absinthe after Delaware Phoenix Meadow of Love from lower NY state.This is really, really, really good $hit, but the Delaware Phoenix is a madman!
Hourra pour l'heure verte! Laissez le bon temps rouler! What a lovely booze!
20220125_234501.jpg

Edit: Of course I diluted this 3:1 with ice water. My Pontarlier runneth over...

Last edited:
Tasting a kegging sample of my new Munich Dunkel. Yo Buddy!!… this is going to be a good one. I don’t know why I did it, but I changed the dark grains a little bit and I don’t think it hurt a thing. It’s a touch darker than I expected but still within style guidelines.
View attachment 756958
Munich Dunkel is one of my top 4 favorite styles!

After deciding they were a dry well many years ago, I’ve started mucking about with FWH again because my oxygen suppression regime is much better.

All Vienna malt, Warrior FWH, finished with Haller and Saaz. The Warrior is AWOL. Nice enough Vienna lager, though. Ten days in the keg.
78BBA4CF-220C-4596-B698-50F2D03DC66B.jpeg

Malbec from Argentina. I love red wine and especially from my home state of Washington or from Argentina. Also it pairs very well with the spaghetti I made tonight.

I've got a soft spot for Argentinian Malbecs, too. They're the kind of wine that you need to floss after drinking ;)

It's been nearly two decades since I went home to the NW and I sure miss Walla Walla, although I'm sure it's changed beyond recognition.

My HB is still better but I have at least another week till mine is ready. Thank you for the recipe @davidabcd
Glad to be of assistance. I was surprised at how many people raved over that Belgian. I loved it but didn't know what the overall reception would be. It's easy to tell when the drinkers seek you out to tell you how good it is, when they don't have to and it's past the point of just being polite.
My macaroni and cheese and homemade tortilla chips get that reception, sometimes to the point where there's a scuffle over who gets to take home the last bag of chips or half pound of mac and cheese.
Just happy to help.

Back