What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My very last Delirium Noel
20220113_192003.jpg

Almost bought that several times! How is it?
Funny, I’ve been sitting here drinking it, asking myself that very question. I guess it’s fairly good, but not much to distinguish it from a bunch of other very average ipa’s. With a hop combo of Citra, Mosaic, Simcoe, and Sabro, (all among my favorites), I guess I expected more.

Funny, I’ve been sitting here drinking it, asking myself that very question. I guess it’s fairly good, but not much to distinguish it from a bunch of other very average ipa’s. With a hop combo of Citra, Mosaic, Simcoe, and Sabro, (all among my favorites), I guess I expected more.
The clever name almost got me ...

St. Bernardus and Corsendonk are my favorite abbey beers!
I’m getting ready to brew a Quad for next fall, and in between. Never had the Corsendonk. With the cold outside, a Quad brings the warmth. Freezing some yeast for the bank this week, then I’m going to brew a Quad.

I’m getting ready to brew a Quad for next fall, and in between. Never had the Corsendonk. With the cold outside, a Quad brings the warmth. Freezing some yeast for the bank this week, then I’m going to brew a Quad.
I'm just waiting until I have enough Belgian empty bottles to hold the batch and then I am going to brew some too! Might need to get another fermenter. You can buy cork and ligature kits for those St Bernardus bottles ... save them!

With today’s stout in the fermenter and everything cleaned up, I’m enjoying Panther Piss Gold, my first stab at an adjunct Vienna lager. My house Vienna is straight Vienna malt, color be damned. This thing needs a bit of dark Munich, though. I really hate adding Munich malt to a Vienna—it kinda defeats the whole point. This one could use it.

Attachments

• 5799337A-4896-498A-8288-236C60F5A384.jpeg
    5799337A-4896-498A-8288-236C60F5A384.jpeg
    1,011 KB · Views: 6
Samples of the red wine and blackberry cider that were moved today. And some HB Session IPA at 4.5%. The Session IPA was supposed to be a Blonde/Pale Ale, but I over hopped it to 70, so...dangeroonies.

It'll calm down in the keg. They always do, once the yeast drops that nasty edge goes away.

Good times await you, sir!

Back