What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because I'm "that guy"...
20220109_222814.jpg

View attachment 755128
We’ve got a sick kitty at home. She goes back to the vet tomorrow for a check in after getting some meds about two weeks ago. The meds don’t seem to be helping much, and She does eat, but it’s a battle. We’re just complete wrecks about her. It’s so damn tough dealing with someone who can’t tell you wants wrong/how they’re feeling.

Crossing fingers :)

As predicted, yesterday’s football with all of its stressful ties and overtime tapped out the keg of British IPA.

The blonde isn’t fully carbed, but it is real nice as it has been aging at 32F for two weeks. The hop character is outstanding at beginning and end, and the bready flavors from the Maris, Victory, and Amber just shine in the middle.
18F1BE0A-7A1B-4A09-BD9F-BDB5DA32EA72.jpeg

Hopfly DIPA, 8%, Enigma and Nelson. This is a really cool hop combo that I never had. Tropical fruit/mango/white wine but with a unique “edge” that I can’t explain. Excellent full mouthfeel too. Only issue is the end of palate has a touch of warming alcohol. Not bad at all but just didn’t expect it from only 8%. Really cool beer.

462FB0FF-D486-4971-B4D4-DF8E8AAE94D5.jpeg

Coffee while hoping this 6 month old yeast has some activity in a few hours.

View attachment 755167View attachment 755168

It took me two SNS steps to really get it going, but I have a 1.070 downstairs churning away with Pub that had been sitting in the fridge for 5mo. I think it's like me. Almost impossible to wake up, sluggish and uncommunicative before coffee, then ready to hit the day like any other.

Phillipe Brocourt , 2014 Vielle Vignes. Absolutely sublime. I have bought his old vine wine every year since 2014 and we're just now starting to drink it. This was the year we got ownership of the family wine cave View attachment 755206
2014 was not even considered a great year, nothing like 2018. So I just went down and bought 18 bottles of 2018 for $9 each, a little pricey but the wine should be incredible in 5-10 years

Phillipe Brocourt , 2014 Vielle Vignes. Absolutely sublime. I have bought his old vine wine every year since 2014 and we're just now starting to drink it. This was the year we got ownership of the family wine cave View attachment 755206
2014 was not even considered a great year, nothing like 2018. So I just went down and bought 18 bottles of 2018 for $9 each, a little pricey but the wine should be incredible in 5-10 years

Asylum edition bourbon barrel-aged Imperial stout with black currant. Almost like having a piece of slightly burnt toast with blackcurrant jam. I wish Zero Issue Brewing would stop teasing us with these 2-week limited runs...this one is a keeper. It's 11.5% as well, but not at all boozy...woohoo! 😄 🥴

Zero_Issue_Asylum_Joker.jpg

Back