What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ended up canceling a work trip to Vermont, so I’ll miss out on those beers. But, did get a couple beers from the Ft. Collins area. First one Coco Porter from DC Oakes.
A77A644D-D38B-458E-8E17-A9C5D7712354.jpeg

Been moving or unpacking since Friday. Can’t wait to get the rest of the house unpacked so I can set up the new brew room. I’m hoping to get to that, and finally brew a batch again towards the end of this week.

Not the first beer since my last post, but the first one I took a picture for. Wallace approves.
615C37E2-FDF7-490A-A436-796D5B2322CC.jpeg

9C4CFD34-9949-43F3-897C-EFA50676C05A.jpeg
This tonight after a long day building a vinyl shed kit. Half the property I own I can’t build permanent structures on it (ie fences, sheds, etc). Those vinyl sheds don’t apply so that’s what did today. Sits near my Chinook hops pole and near the garden beds. It will be nice to be able to park a car in the garage this winter.

He definitely has some great movies… most of which probably wouldn’t be produced today because of their content.
"We are searching for the Holy Grail, would you like to join us?" No thanks, we've already got one

Edit. Just realized I quoted Monty python, not Mel B, oops. So tell me what you want what you really really want....damn, messed up again. Oh Lilly Lilly lovely Lilly....

Last edited:
23C7BDB5-1622-41E1-BDE3-4C2B595C21FB.jpeg
837E1C4D-8A2C-4761-B9A3-2852AD862111.jpeg

For some reason I had extras of these two years so why not pull them out of the cellar? Although I thought I have enjoyed the 2020 before but my Untappd profile says otherwise. Looking forward to the next release but still wondering how I missed the 2017 release… I have bottles from 2015 through 2021, just 2017 eluded me. One night I’ll do a vertical with some friends.

Late night half pour for "research purposes" to check out the aging of this one month at a time lol. Imperial Stout - 10.0%, nice balance of smooth roastiness, dark chocolate, and a little bit of dark fruits in the background. kegged on 7/21 so only ~3months old. still has a nice and thick/full body. Only my second imperial stout and very happy with this grain bill with no adjuncts i.e cocoa/vanilla/etc. Should be even better by Christmas.

IMG_1215.jpg

Last edited:
Late night half pour for "research purposes" to check out the aging of this one month at a time lol. Imperial Stout - 10.0%, nice balance of smooth roastiness, dark chocolate, and a little bit of dark fruits in the background. kegged on 7/21 so only ~3months old. still has a nice and thick/full body. Only my second imperial stout and very happy with this grain bill with no adjuncts i.e cocoa/vanilla/etc. Should be even better by Christmas.

View attachment 746941

I had this thing in my head that you only did NE(IPA)s for some reason too...veddy nice!!

Love that movie! Gotta love Mel Brooks!
He definitely has some great movies… most of which probably wouldn’t be produced today because of their content.
I just wanted to add to this. He also fought in WWII in the Battle of the Bulge and diffused land mines/secured and built bridges etc ahead of allied forces.

Brooks once used a bullhorn to serenade nearby enemy troops along the German-French border with the Al Jolson song “Toot, Toot, Tootsie”—and received a round of applause in return.

Last edited:
Back