What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Section1 HB pale ale
726C2718-1E21-408D-B418-C88E1F48916C.jpeg

Mrs. Bongo’s one and only Homebrew attempt. A 1.5 gallon batch bottled 13 months ago, this is a super smooth 10.5% Coffee Stout. Any coffee flavor is long gone but this is still one fine stout, despite very little carbonation. I really should brew a 5 gallon batch and keg-age it for a few months or years. I’d love to have this carbonated and on tap around the holidays.

29955C6A-703D-41D0-B699-8AF5FA5198A6.jpeg

Seems like a pattern.

Cup o' wine for the pot. Cup o' wine for the cook.

View attachment 736782
Julia childs used to make upside down martinis to keep from getting too 'faced... 2oz vermouth, 1 oz gin. I've done it...

Also try 1oz dry vermouth, 1 oz sweet vermouth, 1 dash bitters over ice, top with soda, garnish with an orange peel...perfect chef's drink.

Sunday’s are for Sauce (Gravy)!
Sauce!!! I can’t call it gravy, (I know that certain areas of the country do though), it just doesn’t seem right to me. Bonus points for you guys making it from scratch too. I do as well, but would never use Hunts though, just a personal preference. I’ve been using the same recipe for 45 years now. Got it from an old Italian gentleman I worked with back in the 70’s.

Sauce!!! I can’t call it gravy, (I know that certain areas of the country do though), it just doesn’t seem right to me. Bonus points for you guys making it from scratch too. I do as well, but would never use Hunts though, just a personal preference. I’ve been using the same recipe for 45 years now. Got it from an old Italian gentleman I worked with back in the 70’s.
Sunday Gravy is a Philly / NY thing

Two IPAs from a Two Roads Brewing IPA variety pack. The low cal tastes like bitter hop water, but lots of aroma. The Honeyspot Road IPA is a decent standard IPA. 2 additional IPAs recipes are in the box for later (4 IPA brews, 3 of each type)
20210724_161857.jpg
20210725_174827.jpg

Thanks man. This is my great grandma Natali’s recipe. I’ve changed it for me more garlic and touch more onion.

Made gnocchi and meatballs tonight
D2042067-39DB-4B31-8FB5-7820C0B827C5.jpeg

Back