What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB rye lager. One of my favorite brews to date.
D647D4FA-02ED-4B44-9830-17D61371B8EB.jpeg

tried the gravity sample of the spiced saison I just kegged. Fantastic spice coming through from both the peppercorns and coriander I added as well as the yeast (getting a very belgian clove hit from it). I was gunning for a taste I remembered from a beer I had from one of my favourite Quebec breweries years ago [Dieu Du Ciel], and I'm getting that mixed with a bit of one of my other Quebec faves, Unibroues La Fin Du Monde. Can't wait to see what it tastes like all carbed up!

Very Smooth and not overtly bitter. Gentle but long-lasting fruits linger. I live 15 miles north of this brewery and in between us is the AB brewery. There is wort in the air in Columbus OH and some of it is homebrew!

At the house we paired it with a pulled pork (onion required) sandwich, Normandy Blend, and a sour pickle on the side. The pickle really made the hops and the aroma of this NE IPA pop. We decided to take our GrowlerWerks to the brewery on Saturday. Thunder drools when he gets a whiff of beer, but he is still underage.
IMG_2769.JPEG

IMG_2772.PNG

IMG_2771.PNG

What better way to wish this year goodbye. I think this is my final westy. Took me a while to find it in the cellar. Usually I can pick out the cap but been sitting still for ever and covered in dust. I need a connection for freshies!View attachment 712520

How's the 5yr old??

PXL_20201231_230520563.jpg

You know to be honest? I would expect it impress year after year. The aroma is great but flavor seems to have watered down. 2 years ago it got interesting and almost hot but after that it calmed down. I wish I had more to keep sampling to swing in the up direction.

To be honest I've found Orval to age better. That I've got nice stockpiles of along with Rasputin 😁 Those I have a bunch of and always enjoy pulling.

I think I have some old St Bern that I should try. They're all like 750 tho 🤔

What better way to wish this year goodbye. I think this is my final westy. Took me a while to find it in the cellar. Usually I can pick out the cap but been sitting still for ever and covered in dust. I need a connection for freshies!View attachment 712520
You know to be honest? I would expect it impress year after year. The aroma is great but flavor seems to have watered down. 2 years ago it got interesting and almost hot but after that it calmed down. I wish I had more to keep sampling to swing in the up direction.

To be honest I've found Orval to age better. That I've got nice stockpiles of along with Rasputin 😁 Those I have a bunch of and always enjoy pulling.

Interesting. I have one Westy 12 left from our 2014 trip to Belgium. Just waiting for a special occasion. The last one I had, 2 1/2 years ago was phenomenal.

Westy12 uses WY3787 the others are a different, Abby yeast (pretty sure), so I assume different aging character. The next grouping of HBs are including the Westy12.

Moving on. Love this beer!
PXL_20210101_001750897.jpg

Back