What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A homebrew Porter and a Sam Adams Porter. Getting ready for work tomorrow.
B293AC68-2D4B-49B5-A2CE-D4E30EB9C410.jpeg
39B60F58-650D-4ED4-A3A1-2C0FD92E914E.jpeg

You are a better man than me Gunga Din! I hate ipa. Too much hop, tastes like chewed up Tylenol. Mad Hatter, though, is a decent IPA.
Wife and kids got the 12 pack for me. She has a terrible time remembering what I like (she hates beer so could care less). I couldn’t stand IPAs either for a long time, but have slowly started to tolerate them. I actually don’t mind these juicer NEIPA styles. @wepeeler introduced me to them with some of his HB which I really liked. They don’t seem to be as sharp and bitter and remind me of a hoppy orange juice if they’re good.

Don’t make this one the last to cap off your night..strong one.

Had two decent strength IPAs earlier tonite, then this one. Really enjoyed the complexity of it for maybe the first 8 oz or so...

Feel like I’m going to be hurting unless I get some serious hydration going.
4B67F716-17EC-4BD6-81EC-6C1ADA9768E1.jpeg

Kicking off Xmas Eve with the 12 BOC Caramel Quad from @jerbrew. This is ridiculously smooth for almost 11% ABV, and the “painfully homemade” caramel is definitely present. A really good beer. I’m going to keep one of these in the back of the fridge; I‘m guessing it will age quite well.
View attachment 711570
Glad you liked it. If you ever want a challenge, try to make caramel out of sugar and DME. As expected, the DME never quite melts and it cools into a brick. But the end result was worth the 4 batches (1# each sugar and DME per batch) I had to make for this 10 gallon batch.

Back