What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last pour of the HB Barleywine. It’s an A$$ kicker.
84F02C18-F883-4AE7-938F-C5FA7704E5EC.jpeg

How is that? I’m dying to brew it up but I’m sort of afraid I’ll hate it and end up with two dozen bottles to give away

The reason I went this route is I like cider, but I tend to find it thin and watery. I know, that’s basically how it should be. With that recipe, you still get cider but with a bit of body. I don’t get much of the beer side at all, just a cider with body.

I figured that the gallon of wort in the 4 gallons of fresh juice would be enough nutrients for the yeast, but I ended up with a sulphur bomb. It’s finally subsiding now. So definitely add some nutrient if you decide to go through with it.

The reason I went this route is I like cider, but I tend to find it thin and watery. I know, that’s basically how it should be. With that recipe, you still get cider but with a bit of body. I don’t get much of the beer side at all, just a cider with body.

I figured that the gallon of wort in the 4 gallons of fresh juice would be enough nutrients for the yeast, but I ended up with a sulphur bomb. It’s finally subsiding now. So definitely add some nutrient if you decide to go through with it.
Good to know, thanks for the tip. I’d probably be making 3g max, but maybe I should give it a shot. I have the same basic complaint about cider as well, but I usually carb them up and enjoy that extra bubbly. It seems like a quick brew day, so maybe I’ll need to dust off the bucket fermenter when I’m starting lagers this winter.

The infamous..."All's you gotta do..." As a technician, those are the worst words to hear during passdown from night shift.

Wife says microwave will just stop "microwaving"....humm, View attachment 706314ok, maybe an over heating problem. Troubleshooting w/help..

It's in, it's quiet, all is well in the house. The old one was near 60dB of distraction...this one whispers in your ear if you get real close.

Has anyone ever thought of beer like Lay’s potato chips? You can never have just one.

View attachment 706349

(un)Fortunately that's me ... one and done mostly

Re: @imasickboy
He was one of the only people to have been part of every FotD, too (if I'm not mistaken).

And to stay on topic...
PXL_20201113_030827206.jpg

Just finished a 3 month stay in CT. Headway was a definite go-to. Was able to snag a few Heady's while there. Wanted to pick up some Crusher from Alchemist, but they haven't had it for awhile. Of course they announced its release the day I flew out.
Man I moved from CT recently and miss Headway and all the counterweight beers. Also my precious sea hag

Back