What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still far too bitter ... maybe some simple syrup ?
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200313093351654_COVER.jpg

Which is why I shop at either the poor people's grocery store or one of the dozen Mexican markets around here...neither are usually packed. Now, the nicer stores nearby, yah...no!
Ha! After a dump run I went to the "wealthy" local chain grocery store to beer hunt. When I texted that pic to my wife she said that exact thing, "Why'd you go there? Rich people panic the most!"

I went to the local corner market, which in my case is 20 miles from nowhere. I thought the toilet paper thing was BS, and the locals around here wouldn't be suckered. Silly me! I was stuck in line for 10 minutes behind people buying shopping carts full of toilet paper. Luckily, (or not), I'm going to be out of the country for the next month or so.

I went to the local corner market, which in my case is 20 miles from nowhere. I thought the toilet paper thing was BS, and the locals around here wouldn't be suckered. Silly me! I was stuck in line for 10 minutes behind people buying shopping carts full of toilet paper. Luckily, (or not), I'm going to be out of the country for the next month or so.
Sh!ttt.. living in the Santa Cruz mountains poor as fuk as a little kid, leaves were used more then once. No toilet paper? No worries, oak leaves are falling. [emoji1]

This is ok...
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20200313134953241.jpeg

Sh!ttt.. living in the Santa Cruz mountains poor as fuk as a little kid, leaves were used more then once. No toilet paper? No worries, oak leaves are falling. [emoji1]

This is ok...View attachment 670680
Ummm....the plants around here don't exactly have leaves. Some people call me a masochist, but I gotta draw the line somewhere!

HB American IPA...I guess there are worse ways to pass the time while quarantined!View attachment 670683
Seriously? You got the corona??

Best vacation ever. Camping cancelled due to thunderstorms. Any out of house activities cancelled due to, you know. Drink beer and listen to music for 9 more days. I'll be 50lbs heavier by next Sunday!

Authentic beer!
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20200313144250617.jpeg
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20200313144304819.jpeg

Best vacation ever. Camping cancelled due to thunderstorms. Any out of house activities cancelled due to, you know. Drink beer and listen to music for 9 more days. I'll be 50lbs heavier by next Sunday!

Authentic beer!View attachment 670684View attachment 670685

Haha, no...at least I hope not! The governor just closed all non-essential businesses in my County for a minimum of 2 weeks, so I am home with the wife and little guy for the foreseeable future.

Authentic beer!View attachment 670684View attachment 670685

Wanna lose weight, pick up a sixer of this!

We're headed to the mountains for a few days, Airbnb, instead of the Colombian beaches...boy does this suck! Still be fun though : )
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200313092852100_COVER.jpg

A sample of the “Corn .45” Blonde. Not quite carbed yet. It has more mouthfeel than I expected for what is a pretty dry beer. If I do it again I’ll definitely up the hops. I was aiming for something the BMC drinkers would like but this might even be a bit too bland for them.

6A903366-C2BB-400E-B086-FAC64F8A952A.jpeg

Good stuff for sure. It's a blend but great flavors. When you get a chance, read up on the history of the distillery.
Monkey Shoulder is good indeed. It's a blend, but unique in that it's a blend of aged malt whiskies only, whereas "blended scotch" is a blend of aged malt whisky and neutral grain spirits. Definitely worth a try.

Adjustments.JPG

IMG_9110.JPG

IMG_9112.JPG

Beer after work.
Grilling beer.
Dinner beer.
Dinner beer was the best, after work beer was good but interesting (not in a bad way) and grilling beer, well it was ok but glad I only got a single can. Nothing wrong just an ok beer.
Now what for dessert, I mean dessert beer(s) to have tonight?

Back