What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E24C5F70-6DB0-4DA6-AD93-B5AC85454590.jpeg

Attachments

• D47C860B-38B6-411E-A72C-D3E437E15FA2.jpeg
    D47C860B-38B6-411E-A72C-D3E437E15FA2.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 37
I found a homebrew with what looked like a “B” on the cap. Well carbonated. It’s not that red more orange tinged amber but it is that clear. Well carbonated, head dissipated quickly malty raisiny aroma and flavor. Not much hop bitterness or flavor. Not bad. But no idea what it is or where it came from.
54E306F0-F3C7-4393-9E31-3C5AB821C5A5.jpeg

My wife and I both work for the local school district and they just announced today that we're closing for two weeks beginning immediately due the Corona virus. Anyone else similarly affected by this?

So, may as well - latest homebrew, only been in the keg for 6 days. A Dry Irish Stout. Not my favorite style but 'tis the season.

20200313-205420.jpg

I’m only 3 months into mine, and I’m sold so far.
@CaddyWampus

There are a few of us with them. I know @wstbrewing has one, too. I've had mine for a bit over a year.

My wife and I both work for the local school district and they just announced today that we're closing for two weeks beginning immediately due the Corona virus. Anyone else similarly affected by this?

So, may as well - latest homebrew, only been in the keg for 6 days. A Dry Irish Stout. Not my favorite style but 'tis the season.

20200313-205420.jpg

We moved to 100% WFH for employees that can had their jobs done at home. Granted, I have always been WFH (4yrs now); I can see some is my colleagues turning this into a staycation.

My nursing school wife is doing both in-class lecture/lab as well as online learning, but she still has to do get clinical hours two days a week until the hospital says it is no longer safe (whatever that is supposed to look like) for nursing students...kind of an oxymoron?

Crazy times ahead...

20200313-205420.jpg
Work wants people to work from home if possible. When "vacation" is over I'll have to be on site. Hard to fix multimillion dollar semiconductor equipment from home. Austin has just started getting confirmed cases. Schools closed Friday, 1 day early, for spring break. Wouldn't be surprised if they add another week. Austin has an aging population but here 60s is like the new 30s. Not overly worried.

Right now... or rather after work today I got a few Coopers real ale made with 2lbs amber DME. I sampled one the other week and although the carbonation wasn't quite right; the taste was awesome. First homebrew that didn't have strong fusel alcohols present so I'm excited. Nice red color to it as well.

Cheers!

20200313-205420.jpg
Wife is a teacher so she and the kids are off until April 6th. Quite lucky we don't have to worry about childcare. OT, free beer and HB chocolate milk stout
20200314_140117.jpeg
20200314_144631.jpeg

A co worker gave me one of these awhile back. He said he couldn’t drink it bc it was “too hoppy”. I had never heard of it but found it was owned by ABI after some research. Not a bad beer though. Got a bit of fruitiness that I always hear about in English ales.

Adjustments.JPG

A co worker gave me one of these awhile back. He said he couldn’t drink it bc it was “too hoppy”. I had never heard of it but found it was owned by ABI after some research. Not a bad beer though. Got a bit of fruitiness that I always hear about in English ales.

View attachment 670857
Too hoppy? Someone is stoned! O enjoy that beer. Pick up a 4pk cheep from time to time.

Westy12 Clone'ish. This is version A. B is on cherries so need to drink a bit while carbing up to go into long term storage. Not bad but no W12. Better in some ways, not as good in others.
IMG_20200314_155920.jpeg

Latest posts

Back