What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0242.JPG
Weller’s

I’ve heard stories, tall tales perhaps, never told in the light of day. Only whispers in dark corners of a time long ago. A time when this thread was so full of life. Schitposts and dick jokes flowed like wine.
Sure, not every conversation was about a beverage currently being consumed. Beer was only the common ground that brought these souls together, not the glue that bound them.
Then came a dark period. The Great Moderation Wars. Many fell in those dark times. Those that survived found a new place to carry on their merriment, leaving this thread behind. A hollow shell of what it previously was.
But, the war didn’t stop there. It continued on, for their new haven wasn’t beyond the reach of the overlords. They were singled out, held to a double standard. Some fell to the banhammer, dragged out quietly in the dark. Most felt it was time to move on in search of a new home. A place to truly express themselves.
Legend has it they found such a place. Now they truly are free.

I’ve heard stories, tall tales perhaps, never told in the light of day. Only whispers in dark corners of a time long ago. A time when this thread was so full of life. Schitposts and dick jokes flowed like wine.
Sure, not every conversation was about a beverage currently being consumed. Beer was only the common ground that brought these souls together, not the glue that bound them.
Then came a dark period. The Great Moderation Wars. Many fell in those dark times. Those that survived found a new place to carry on their merriment, leaving this thread behind. A hollow shell of what it previously was.
But, the war didn’t stop there. It continued on, for their new haven wasn’t beyond the reach of the overlords. They were singled out, held to a double standard. Some fell to the banhammer, dragged out quietly in the dark. Most felt it was time to move on in search of a new home. A place to truly express themselves.
Legend has it they found such a place. Now they truly are free.
This you know: the years travel fast, and time after time I done the tell. But this ain't onebody's tell. It's the tell of us all, and you've gotta listen and to 'member, 'cause what you hears today you gotta tell the newborn tomorrow. I's lookin' behind us now into history back. I sees those of us who got the luck and started the haul for home, and I 'members how it led us here and how we was heartful 'cause we seen what there once was. One look and we knewed we'd got it straight. Those what had gone before had the knowin' and the doin' of things beyond our reckonin' — even beyond our dreamin'. Time counts and keeps countin', and we knows now: finding the trick of what's been and lost ain't no easy ride, but that's our track. We gotta travel it, and there ain't nobody knows where it's gonna lead. Still in all, every night we does the tell so that we 'member who we was and where we came from. But most of all we 'members the man who finded us, him that came to salvage. And we lights the city, not just for him, but for all of him that are still out there. 'Cause we knows there'll come a night when they sees the distant light and they'll be comin' home.

Back