What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spectacular bonfire on a gorgeous night. The scout booth was so busy we actually sold out of hot chocolate. Then at the end of the night I sold a huge tray of baked good to a stoner for $10 - I think we doubled or tripled our fundraising compared to last year.
http://s1258.photobucket.com/user/m...4-4D0C-8D1F-CEE9A1DCC6E5_zpsvsjeviql.mp4.html
View attachment 320897
View attachment 320898
View attachment 320899
View attachment 320900

Now home relaxing with this gem.
View attachment 320901

Wow!! That's pretty cool. Glad to went off without a hitch this year. My scout troop growing up was pretty lame. I will have to consult you once our nephews get old enough to join.

Iced coffee catching up on posts and planning today's activities.

Coffee. Getting the house in order so it can be destroyed in about 5 hours for a shrimp boil and Broncos game party.

Another coffee after last night binging on home brew & doing video research for one of my books. Gotta get a bunch of bottles rinsed & into a PBW soak. Too many gushers lately...again. Seems too be a once a year thing?

Coffee and a side of gravity sample porter, my house yeast did a good job chewing up sugar, I'll keep it around.
Racked into a keg with oak and nib infused bourbon, should be tasty:DView attachment 320950

Any tips on recipe for a good porter? I brewed my first a few months back, a robust porter, and i wasn't too impressed. Id like to do a porter in my barrel after this stout, but not sure i wanna try the recipe i used.

Any tips on recipe for a good porter? I brewed my first a few months back, a robust porter, and i wasn't too impressed. Id like to do a porter in my barrel after this stout, but not sure i wanna try the recipe i used.

What? You don't know me by now? I throw a bunch of stuff at the wall and see what sticks, a little luck and artistic license and I do pretty good:p

I wouldn't mind cleaning up the house for that!

Oh, might be high time to put together some Tanqueray and tonic...

Expecting 15 adults and 12 kids. Should be a full house. Luckily it's a nice December day.

Not drinking the hard stuff until after the boil starts, kinda like brewing.

Coffee with Baileys (that doesn't count as hard stuff does it ?). No pic, may not have happened.

Very nice. I will add it to the pile of book that I have yet to read.

I have the new Julia Hertz pairing book coming Tuesday. Looking forward to that.

I also need to order the BA Publishing one on brewery quality control.

I also have a long list of stuff on amazon id like to get. I picked up that quality control book when it was discounted pre release. Havent gotten into that one yet but it looks really informative.

Black Butte is my go to Porter and I think it's pretty easy to find a clone.

Diet Pepsi at the airport. Not worth a photo.

No problem. And if you've ever had deschute's anniversary, that's a bigger version of black butte that's barrel aged and usually has some fun stuff added like cocoa nibs, etc.

+1. Had the anniversary this summer at there tap room. Best beer of the flight

Water. Beer as soon as I'm done climbing up and down the ladder hanging lights

No problem. And if you've ever had deschute's anniversary, that's a bigger version of black butte that's barrel aged and usually has some fun stuff added like cocoa nibs, etc.

It is very good but needs time in the bottle.

I also have a long list of stuff on amazon id like to get. I picked up that quality control book when it was discounted pre release. Havent gotten into that one yet but it looks really informative.

I have a stack of 6 to 8 books I bought to study from but ran out of time to read before my exam.

Finishing my last accounting class this week, which has occupied a lot of spare time (10 to 15 hours a week), so hopefully I can do some beer reading again.

Well it does have a best after date :p . Just got out of the movies. Drinking at while foods. More than likely will not do any yard work though it needs to be done.

Abide!

Local place tapped a fresh keg last week. Apricot was very distinct that lent a brightness/mild tartness. It was good but a little hot.

Water of all things since I'm organizing the last day of judging for my club's competition. About to wrap up the last couple of beers, and then I'm going home to drink.

Kombucha. Mmm, very sour and carbonated like champagne!

1206151449.jpg

Latest posts

Back