What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when are u going? I'd hate to put u out but I love jai lai and their invasion pale ale. Never had anything else but I'm up for always trying diff stuff too seems we have the same taste. It's up to u and I really appreciate the generosity and offer.

Two weeks. Jai Aila is very common there. No problem getting that.

I survived the birthday/St. Paddy's day hangover. So I did what any of us fine, upstanding, completely logical individuals would do. I went out and got more beer. I ended up picking up a growler of Shiner Holiday Cheer.
In a related story, FT: Growler of Shiner Holiday cheer (minus one pint-carbonation not guaranteed)

You might be stuck with that, brotha. Just chug it. :p

I survived the birthday/St. Paddy's day hangover. So I did what any of us fine, upstanding, completely logical individuals would do. I went out and got more beer. I ended up picking up a growler of Shiner Holiday Cheer.
In a related story, FT: Growler of Shiner Holiday cheer (minus one pint-carbonation not guaranteed)

Drinking a He'Brew Death of a Contract Brewer. Pretty solid black IPA methinks.

Please tell me the growler of holiday cheer was a birthday/st paddys day fueled purchase

How easily can you get Brewery Vivant? Kind of sparse here. I see a three way trade in the making

Pretty easy for their reg production stuff, their triumph Belgium ipa, a farmhouse ale and a dubbel are pretty std here then we'll get their seasonals I'll have to go and see what that would b right now.

Pretty easy for their reg production stuff, their triumph Belgium ipa, a farmhouse ale and a dubbel are pretty std here then we'll get their seasonals I'll have to go and see what that would b right now.

Marc asked if I could get Tart Side of the Moon. I've never seen any Vivant stuff over here. Is Tart Side tough to get over there?

This will prob get missed but my folks are in myrtle beach. Is there anything they can get there I should ask for. Do they ship cigar city to SC?

There's a SC brewer Westbrook Brewing that makes a good gose, if you like the style, but I've heard it can be scarce. I just remembered that I picked up a Rye Pale Ale from a bottle shop recently by Westbrook...called "One Claw". No time like the present to pop it! I'm not really familiar with what rye brings to the party, but this is a solid pale ale. Great resinous aroma and flavor, a little bitter on the finish, but not harsh. According to their website, they have a wide variety of beers. Might be worth trying anythng from them...a quick Google looks like they have distribution in Myrtle Beach.

IMG_20150321_242002605.jpg

Yeah it came out like 3 maybe 4 months ago was gone pretty fast and I haven't seen any since. Sorry.

There's a SC brewer Westbrook Brewing that makes a good gose, if you like the style, but I've heard it can be scarce. I just remembered that I picked up a Rye Pale Ale from a bottle shop recently by Westbrook...called "One Claw". No time like the present to pop it! I'm not really familiar with what rye brings to the party, but this is a solid pale ale. Great resinous aroma and flavor, a little bitter on the finish, but not harsh. According to their website, they have a wide variety of beers. Might be worth trying anythng from them...a quick Google looks like they have distribution in Myrtle Beach.

I'll look into their website thanks for the heads up. I think I've seen others here drinking Westbrook stuff. I'm open to try anything new. Expanding horizons

Marc asked if I could get Tart Side of the Moon. I've never seen any Vivant stuff over here. Is Tart Side tough to get over there?

Sorry didn't hit the quote but it came out like 3-4 months ago as a special release and was gone pretty fast. I can check just in case theirs some hiding but my regular spots haven't had it in awhile, it went pretty fast.

Two weeks. Jai Aila is very common there. No problem getting that.

If you like cigars and get to the Tampa area, check out Ybor city...if you haven't already. And while there, check out Coppertail Brewing...their Night Swim Porter is really good. I was there this past December and someone here recommended it. Next time...I going to stop by their brewery in Ybor.

If you like cigars and get to the Tampa area, check out Ybor city...if you haven't already. And while there, check out Coppertail Brewing...their Night Swim Porter is really good. I was there this past December and someone here recommended it. Next time...I going to stop by their brewery in Ybor.

Thanks. But won't get anywhere near Tampa this trip.

Still drinking Norm! Like a champ. Any out of state folks realize any trade with me involves Norm, right? Norm has to be known.

You might be stuck with that, brotha. Just chug it. :p

I see there's some interest! Wes, maybe you could hook me up with some JK. That would clearly be a straight up trade!

Please tell me the growler of holiday cheer was a birthday/st paddys day fueled purchase

Well, the sample tasted decent at the bottle shop...and there's a chance that I was still hungover from the birthday drunk. Also, my dog ate my homework. Do I need more excuses?

Wtf. HBT app ate my post. Rapp, Funky Buddha, Coppertail, 3 Daughters, Cycle Brewing, 7eventh Sun, Swamp Head. are ones to try. Some don't bottle much though.

Water for now. Headache.

I'll look into their website thanks for the heads up. I think I've seen others here drinking Westbrook stuff. I'm open to try anything new. Expanding horizons

Westbrook puts out some good stuff. I'll definitely be making a stop at their brewery again when I got to Charleston next month to stock up. When I was there last year they had Evil Twin Imperial Doughnut Break on tap and it was ridiculously good.

Coffee. Fell asleep at like 8:30 last night. Only 120+ posts since I went into my food coma which is fairly weak. I expected more out of you guys.

Coffee. Making ugly sounds with a guitar.

That sounds like fun! I got my old acoustic out of the case a couple nights ago and found that my lower 4 frets are buzzing on all 6 strings. It either needs refretted or my nut needs replaced. Not sure which.

Gonna go make some coff. And maybe something for breakfast. Any suggestions?

Is that a tough beer to brew? It seems way more complex than the stuff I brew.

It was actually remarkably easy to brew. I'm sure the traditional way is harder, but thanks to modern technology it was a breeze to brew. You can see the recipe here if you're interested. I designed the recipe based on what I read in the BJCP guidelines. Wound up going way over on alcohol, though. Whoops! :)

That sounds like fun! I got my old acoustic out of the case a couple nights ago and found that my lower 4 frets are buzzing on all 6 strings. It either needs refretted or my nut needs replaced. Not sure which.

Gonna go make some coff. And maybe something for breakfast. Any suggestions?

Steak and eggs.

Back