What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Starter! ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400183457.012480.jpg

Water...debating if I'm going to attempt an early morning brew on Sunday. I would need to be done and cleaned up by about 3pm. I don't like to cut things close, so I'm thinking of lighting the burner at around 7:30am - 8:00am. But if I'm going to do it, I need to do some planning tonight so I can get my grains from the LHBS tomorrow at lunch time.

EDIT: thinking of the Cream of Three Crops. Want something that I can easily detect any off flavors and something I can give to people who aren't real craft drinkers that they won't think is "weird".

Homebrewed kombucha. Trying to figure out what beer I'm going to drink tonight.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400184361.370061.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Water...debating if I'm going to attempt an early morning brew on Sunday. I would need to be done and cleaned up by about 3pm. I don't like to cut things close, so I'm thinking of lighting the burner at around 7:30am - 8:00am. But if I'm going to do it, I need to do some planning tonight so I can get my grains from the LHBS tomorrow at lunch time.

EDIT: thinking of the Cream of Three Crops. Want something that I can easily detect any off flavors and something I can give to people who aren't real craft drinkers that they won't think is "weird".

If you bring your strike water to a boil the night before, it ends up being fairly close to the right temp in the morning. That speeds up my brew day. May not help if it's still cold where you live....

If you bring your strike water to a boil the night before, it ends up being fairly close to the right temp in the morning. That speeds up my brew day. May not help if it's still cold where you live....

I might try that. Thanks. It is getting a bit cool at night but I can keep it in the garage with a sleeping bag around the LT.

Right now I am praying that the wife takes the little one to ballet class tonight so I can have a beer after dinner.

Wow decent weather in VT, who knew?ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400187432.571813.jpg

I used Lallemand bry-97 (west coast ale) yeast in my recent brew. Had no action after 2 days then all the sudden blow off here we come. In 4 days went from .060 to 0.10 and it's still active. If anyone uses it, it loves temps in the high 60s to low 70s. I'll probably dry hop in a couple days. I need this ready in a couple weeks!

Nugget nectar to start things off. Took yesterday off from alcohol due to a party with an open bar on Tuesday night. Had too many rum and cokes followed by god knows what... I remember one was a bigfoot.

1400188149147.jpg

where's the supernautttttttt

Right here, bro.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400191222.846405.jpg

Absolutely no line at NEBCO today. I don't wait in lines (I skip right to the front - I know people :D).

Even brought some home brew there for the staff and other homers like myself. We had a great time.

Flight was delayed 3 hrs. At least I got upgraded to first class. **** beer selection so I think I'll go with Dewars/rocks. :mug:

Back