What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just stumbled upon them this weekend. Had no idea what to grab, so got the red ale, rye IPA and a bomber of contact high. I saw the choc milk stout, but didn't grab it. I'll have to have my parents bring some out next time they come. Besides the milk stout, should I have them grab any other easily available beers?

Contact High is probably pretty old at this point. It was really great when it was released though. Don't bother with their Berliner Weisse in my opinion. The Centennial Red and Session ale are the best out of their normal line up in my opinion. Pyrus is great if you can get your hands on it too. I really think their special releases shine a lot more than their normal line up. They just released a saison that was aged in a wine barrel with apricots. I haven't had it but it sounds incredible. Like I said before, Volume 1 is insane. Bona Fide is pretty good and might get distribution.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Contact High is probably pretty old at this point. It was really great when it was released though. Don't bother with their Berliner Weisse in my opinion. The Centennial Red and Session ale are the best out of their normal line up in my opinion. Pyrus is great if you can get your hands on it too. I really think their special releases shine a lot more than their normal line up. They just released a saison that was aged in a wine barrel with apricots. I haven't had it but it sounds incredible. Like I said before, Volume 1 is insane. Bona Fide is pretty good and might get distribution.

Thanks for the info. Guess I'll drink the contact high sooner rather than later.

sytaqu3a.jpg

Another new one

Sent from a turkish prison while watching movies about gladiators

I know this isn't the right place to ask this but I need a response fast! Brewing 10 gallons of HT clone and went to hook up my chiller and my hose bib froze up and blew inside my cellar so no chiller. What can I do so I don't lose all this?

I know this isn't the right place to ask this but I need a response fast! Brewing 10 gallons of HT clone and went to hook up my chiller and my hose bib froze up and blew inside my cellar so no chiller. What can I do so I don't lose all this?

Does your kettle fit in your sink? No? Find a tub and start a nice bath. Any tub, even a bath tub.

Doesn't fit in my sink not to mention trying to get 10 gallons of boiling wort to my sink alone might be a little risky

You can cool it like hello said will be the best bet or leave it covered and sealed till morning and pitch. I'll pick what hello said. Full a run full of water and put the pot in until warm then pour into a fermenter and pitch when ready

Last Pumpkin wheat/Brown ale? style. Kinda liked it kinda didn't. Good I guess but not what I was expecting. Have had a lot of last homebrew batches sent to the beer fridge lately. Had about 6 batches I had last bottles of in the last week. Seizing this brief moment which will just be a memory soon.

Went down to Hershey tonight started with the outlets then tröegs for nugget nectar, BBA troegenator, and there scratch fest lager. Then finished the night with the bears game and had a yuengling just a few seats back from the ice they even won 2 to 1 pretty good date night for the wife and I

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391922547.326321.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391922695.849474.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391922722.755730.jpg

Thanks for the reassurance. Having a Hi-Res to calm my nerves. This has been a frustrating brew day and go figure on the most expensive batch to date.

Stone suede imperial porter. Finish the night right :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Home Brew mobile app

1391931091370.jpg

Yeah, they never notify. That sucks bad but I just calendar it.

I try and keep track of reocurring charges. This was the first time. We had been milking a free student account for a long time.

On the coffee here, me thinks it could some Bailey's.

Time for another. What should I get? I'm watching American horror story. It finally hooked me. At first it didnt. Good show.

Which season? I've watched all three and while I thought they were all good, season two was definitely best.

On to water after a few cups of coffee with breakfast and cleaning up from company last night. I sense a lazy day ahead...

Drinking coke and slowly getting ready to go to the market. I'd rather just lay in bed it seems.

:off:
I was going to start a thread but it seemed silly so I'll ask here.
I have a fridge in the garage that will become a kegerator. I'd like to have something inside but the fridge isn't going to sit inside so that is out. I want to control my fermentation temps better and I think I'll get a 7 cu ft chest freezer that will hold 2 carboys. Do people normally just ferment in their keezer so they have only one piece of equipment? I'm trying to find out if it is silly to get the chest freezer. I don't want to build a chamber. I love building but I have a list of things I need to do first. I can make the chest freezer look like a piece of furniture a lot faster than I can if I build something from scratch.

What do the people who keg do in terms of keg dispensing and fermentation?

Multiple temp controlled refrigerators and freezers and sometimes water bath/swamp cooler if I need additional fermentation space. And if my keezer isn't full, I can usually cold crash something in there.
Acquiring multiple refrigerators, freezers, and external thermostats is almost as addicting as hoarding empty bottles. ;)

Drinking coke and slowly getting ready to go to the market. I'd rather just lay in bed it seems.

:off:
I was going to start a thread but it seemed silly so I'll ask here.
I have a fridge in the garage that will become a kegerator. I'd like to have something inside but the fridge isn't going to sit inside so that is out. I want to control my fermentation temps better and I think I'll get a 7 cu ft chest freezer that will hold 2 carboys. Do people normally just ferment in their keezer so they have only one piece of equipment? I'm trying to find out if it is silly to get the chest freezer. I don't want to build a chamber. I love building but I have a list of things I need to do first. I can make the chest freezer look like a piece of furniture a lot faster than I can if I build something from scratch.

You could lager in a keezer with stuff on tap, but generally you want to serve beer in the 30's but ferment in the 60's. I use two separate units.

Sent by a cellular communication device

Drinking water while re-reviewing the chemistry material. It really has my head spinning.

Multiple temp controlled refrigerators and freezers and sometimes water bath/swamp cooler if I need additional fermentation space. And if my keezer isn't full, I can usually cold crash something in there.
Acquiring multiple refrigerators, freezers, and external thermostats is almost as addicting as hoarding empty bottles. ;)
haha I can only imagine what your house looks like.

The garage fridge needs to stay there. It's not super ugly, but I cannot see having it in my kitchen. The fermentation chamber will be in the "dining room" which is behind the kitchen wall. I have a strange feeling that I will get a wild hair up my ass one day and want to run lines through the wall to have an in-wall tap system. Behind the wall is a pantry and then my fridge and some counter space. For now, I'm planning on making my big ass walk to the garage every time I want to pull from a keg.

I could put the fermentation chamber in the garage but temps really swing there and in the winter, they do drop to freezing. I think it is best to keep something like that in the house if I can stand having it.

As much as I am trying to downsize and purge things in the house, I am also trying to really control my fermentation and one day I'd like to lager.

You could lager in a keezer with stuff on tap, but generally you want to serve beer in the 30's but ferment in the 60's. I use two separate units.

Sent by a cellular communication device
Yeah, I wasn't sure if people were just swapping temps and such. It seemed like a PITA to do that.

Is there anyway to keep the fridge inside and run lines into the house for taps? Either way, I would suggest the chest freezer for just fermentation and the fridge for kegs.

Drinking water while re-reviewing the chemistry material. It really has my head spinning.

haha I can only imagine what your house looks like.
Haha! Thankfully, it's all contained in one room.
The garage fridge needs to stay there. It's not super ugly, but I cannot see having it in my kitchen. The fermentation chamber will be in the "dining room" which is behind the kitchen wall. I have a strange feeling that I will get a wild hair up my ass one day and want to run lines through the wall to have an in-wall tap system. Behind the wall is a pantry and then my fridge and some counter space. For now, I'm planning on making my big ass walk to the garage every time I want to pull from a keg.

I could put the fermentation chamber in the garage but temps really swing there and in the winter, they do drop to freezing. I think it is best to keep something like that in the house if I can stand having it.

As much as I am trying to downsize and purge things in the house, I am also trying to really control my fermentation and one day I'd like to lager.

Yeah, I wasn't sure if people were just swapping temps and such. It seemed like a PITA to do that.
If you get a dual stage temp controller, you can do heat and cooling and still use the fridge in the garage for fermentation.
I personally wouldn't use a chest freezer for fermentation. I did that with mine before dedicating it to a keezer and it sucked lifting carboys in and out of it. YMMV, but I kind of got tired of doing it, so a refrigerator works better for me. If you're going to buy a chest freezer, I'd use it as a keezer.

Which season? I've watched all three and while I thought they were all good, season two was definitely best.

On to water after a few cups of coffee with breakfast and cleaning up from company last night. I sense a lazy day ahead...

Almost done with season 1. Just started.

Having this while making some pizza for lunch.

y2yhujuz.jpg

Almost done with season 1. Just started.

Having this while making some pizza for lunch.

y2yhujuz.jpg

I haven't had one of those in a while. I remember it being my least favorite out of all of them. I might try it again, though. I usually just get the Kriek when I do buy the fruited ones.

I haven't had one of those in a while. I remember it being my least favorite out of all of them. I might try it again, though. I usually just get the Kriek when I do buy the fruited ones.

I just picked that one up because I haven't had it yet. Trying them all. Wish the kick cuvee rene is down here.

I just picked that one up because I haven't had it yet. Trying them all. Wish the kick cuvee rene is down here.

Yeah, I'd like to try that one. I wonder why we don't get it.

Back