What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha! Thankfully, it's all contained in one room.

If you get a dual stage temp controller, you can do heat and cooling and still use the fridge in the garage for fermentation.
I personally wouldn't use a chest freezer for fermentation. I did that with mine before dedicating it to a keezer and it sucked lifting carboys in and out of it. YMMV, but I kind of got tired of doing it, so a refrigerator works better for me. If you're going to buy a chest freezer, I'd use it as a keezer.

Hmmm I think it is time to go grab a couple 6 gallon carboys and see if the little fridge I have will take 2. If not, I'll have to just lift. I figure it won't be fun but it is not as though I would be doing it daily. You have a great point though.

I say its IPA day!

Ruthless for $10 a 12pack at target

Took the last one

'Smacked' - rem

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391969238.430524.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391969262.920586.jpg

Water.

Wow. That was one hell of a floccing hangover yesterday.

Courtesy of the class act gentleman we know as Tripplehazzard. A nice "pub ale" im thinking is actually a brown ale by the flavor? Mild at 4.4%. Very nicely doneImageUploadedByHome Brew1391972791.686100.jpg

Thanks again Ken.

Edit: I really need to start looking at the bottles and cans I drink from. Says brown ale right on the thing. :drunk:

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391974882.732951.jpgsomeone slipped this in my 4-pack of Head Hunter. Ginger and cinnamon, not a funny joke. I guess I need to start checking 4/6 packs.

Appearance- Motor oil, dark tan 1 finger head

Aroma- Chocolate, some roastiness, vanilla

Taste- Huge hop flavor at the front of the tongue, middle dark bitter chocolate, coffee, caramel, bourbon notes, finish is bitter, roasty, dry coffee

Mouthfeel- Full-bodied, motor oil thickness

Overall- Overall, this is an excellent imperial stout. I don't pick up any of the malbec grape juice, but I think that's a good thing. I would definitely buy it again.

IMAG1126.jpg

Had to pull a sample of my BDSA to make room for the oak & white ash. Unfortunately after I pulled it, I dropped my sanitizer spray bottle on my snifter and shattered it :(. So I had to pull a second one with much greater care.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391980179.362555.jpg

I'm very happy with where it is now - and it should definitely get better with the "barrel" aging and a good eight months of bottle conditioning.

For those with experience on the cube/honeycomb wood. I'm just soaking in vodka to sanitize since I only want the wood flavor. So how long should it soak to be sufficiently sanitized?

Tried to post from my phone last night as I drank a growler of Fortnight Blonde and several home brew nut browns and a Belgian strong dark, while visiting my brother. Somehow posted to the wrong thread and...while trying to delete it, managed to wipe my password somehow. And I STILL managed to shuck a 1/2 bushel of stubborn oysters, without impaling my hand!

IMAG2561.jpg

Another 22oz Two Hearted draft. Just had it with a medium burger, jack cheese and fresh jalapenos. Effin magical pairing! $2.50 special doesnt hurt either!! :ban:

1391980989317.jpg

Had to pull a sample of my BDSA to make room for the oak & white ash. Unfortunately after I pulled it, I dropped my sanitizer spray bottle on my snifter and shattered it :(. So I had to pull a second one with much greater care.
View attachment 178275

I'm very happy with where it is now - and it should definitely get better with the "barrel" aging and a good eight months of bottle conditioning.

For those with experience on the cube/honeycomb wood. I'm just soaking in vodka to sanitize since I only want the wood flavor. So how long should it soak to be sufficiently sanitized?

I usually boil for a minute, although I think steaming would work also and might leave more wood character. I don't think soaking in vodka is a good idea, I think it makes the beer boozy.

Back