What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a really tasty beer!
IMG_20240122_173946.jpg

So many IPAs, so little time! Rummaging through the beer ‘fridge, how the heck did I miss this one from my Karl Strauss reviews a few pages back? Better now than never I always say… especially when it comes to beer!

No new introductions needed here, their Mosaic IPA is a can full of sunshine, sweet kisses and goodness. Mosaic is a great hop. Clocking in at a respectable 5.5% ABV, this is a fantastic beer. Really goes to show you can produce a fantastic and drinkable IPA with half the materials bill of a 10-11 percenter. Attention small commercial brewers out there – that savings drops straight down to the bottom line!

San Diego – IPA – San Diego – Ales - San Diego – Beer – It goes through my head in my sleep every night. Enjoy!

IMG_6727.jpeg

Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Barleywine 2022. It’s 2 years old now and I find this is about perfect for most vintages. It’s round and full but still has bitterness. As it gets older, the hops drop out more and it gets maltier and sweeter. It’s really good. Now I need to compare it to my barleywine that is now just over a year old.

Greetings from the La Quinta Inn in Stockton, CA!

A friend of mine took me to the Zoiglhaus tap room this weekend and even got me a sixer of their Schwartz for the road. It’s a great beer and their baltic porter is excellent.

3259EE80-23C0-4BD0-9EA2-0732394D3396.jpeg

I’m about four days away from my beer. I’m grateful for cruise control.

Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Barleywine 2022. It’s 2 years old now and I find this is about perfect for most vintages. It’s round and full but still has bitterness. As it gets older, the hops drop out more and it gets maltier and sweeter. It’s really good. Now I need to compare it to my barleywine that is now just over a year old.
We did a vertical in our brew club not too long ago, back to 2017 (didn't have 2019 though). IIRC, the one that was the most liked was 2020 (or maybe 2018?). Older was starting to taste old and duller, and newer was still fairly close to a fresh one.

Been raining for 2 days and now the sheetrock is wet around the fireplace ceiling. Should've had this damn monstrosity thing removed back in 2018 when we had a ton of work done. Anyway something else is needed besides an "electrolyte concoction"!

Starting here....

PXL_20240123_202556279.PORTRAIT.jpg

There’s just no end to these San Diego brews – Today we slurp down the latest IPA’s from Harland Brewing, another San Diego brewer.

You know, I was reading the can, looks like one of their tag lines is “A Labor of Beer”. That hit me a bit uneasy considering how many brewers have met their untimely demise due to labor costs, issues and labor unrest, Anchor being the latest. Most of the big breweries in America have closed over the same issues in the past 30 years. Go at your own risk! I’ll send over some White-out!

India Pale Whale – 6.5% ABV, Mosaic, Cryo, Chinook and Simcoe hops. A TERRIFIC IPA! Really a lot like my favorite benchmark IPA, Stone IPA. Maybe better… Boy this is good!

Hazy IPA – There’s a creative name! 6.5% ABV, Citra, Mosaic & Southern Cross hops. Fizzy. Citrusy. Reminds me a bit of a Mimosa on Sundays right before my bacon and eggs. Still trying to figure out this hazy thing. Hipsters, eh.

My pick? The “Whale!!!!!!!!”

IMG_6733.jpeg

Back