What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn. These go down easy.

Treehouse maple barrel bourbon with Parkers Maple Barn sour.

If you're ever travelling thru southern NH hit up Parkers for breakfast. You'll leave in a food coma

OT: bottle dead
View attachment 831921

Looks awesome! I'm actually going to be graduating from Southern New Hampshire University early next year and considered attending the live graduation ceremony as an excuse to get to NH since I've never been. They're located in Manchester. Thanks for the recommendation!

Potato tacos...I had to look them up. I need to get out more. Now I want to make some!

Do you just fill tortillas with mashed potatoes, etc., fold them up and fry in a pan? Looks like pierogies in a flour tortilla. :)
Mashed potatoes seasoned with S & P; I add some cheese as a little bit of a binder and some homemade salsa to add spice and acid.

1A99C3E6-A332-4074-AC37-5FC1CE5747C0.jpeg

Thanks! I like your recipe with Mexican tomato puree and chicken bouillon. That would add some umami to the potatoes. We have Better Than Bouillon paste--much more flavorful than cubes.

Did you use soft corn tortillas? And just pan fry them?

/sorry for the threadjack

Corn tortillas (usually make ourselves), but yeah, pan fried in some form of oil. We don't fry them all the time...other times they'll be treated like you would do a quesadilla.

Well I thought I took a picture of my Hefe but it’s blurry AF. Red Shed right by Ommagang. Had a Hefe and got a small growler of smoked porter to go.
I was gunna say that’s near me! The red shed is solid.

Ommagang’s food is to die for. The chicken n’ waffles is my fav. Idk if it’s still on the menu.

I don’t know which way you’re traveling assuming 88 to 87 home. But the best brewery in the area is wayward lane in schoharie. Like an absolute must visit. They won brewery of the year at tap ny and the ny brewers association this year. Adams a great brewer

Always like when the waiter apologizes because it taking so long. No! I can wait for it being right.

OT: waiting for niece and a BBQ at the state park. Ice cream is still being served I can take the scrubby highway to Treehouse or the back roads......

Evil Julius
PXL_20231020_210522005.jpg
PXL_20231020_210400239.jpg
PXL_20231020_210750043.jpg
PXL_20231020_205714256.jpg

Hacker-Pschorr has been around a long while and is one of the primary historic Munich brewers. Hacker, since 1417, and Pschorr combined early in the 19th century, in fact Hacker-Pschorr’s brewmaster Josef Pschorr was one of the main developers of beer for Prince Ludwig I’s wedding in 1810, which evolved into Munich’s Oktoberfest. These brews have been around a long, long time, lots of history here. Beers were under the Hacker, Pschorr and Hacker-Pschorr names throughout the ages.

Today I’m dusting off my 19th-century Maßkrug for a mug full of pleasure, Hacker-Pschorr 2023 Oktoberfest Märzen. As you can see, it takes three of the diminutive 11.2 oz / 330 ml babyflaschen to fill the historic Hacker Krug. There was a little left over, so I put it in a pint glass so you could see the color of this year’s batch. Glass steins became the standard in 1892, so this gives a little historical basis for our inebriation.

Flavor is excellent, to me this beer splits the difference between a typical Märzen and a Festbier. Hard to place it solidly in either category. Malty, but not especially sweet, orangey color, nice head, perfectly carbed, who knows on the lacing, 5.8% ABV, classic, 1516 perfect, Teutonic lager. I’m enjoying gulp after delicious gulp of malty splendor! You can eat the pretzels, get your own beer! Prost!

IMG_5510.jpeg
IMG_5511.jpeg

Compare and contrast. Traquair Scottish Ale fermented in oak barrels, and my HB Scottish Ale, fermented in my plastic Speidel 30L fermenter and kegged. Surprisingly similar though mine is a bit lighter in color, and obviously lacking the barrel character. But this tells me that I'm on the right path.

IMG_3373.jpeg

Is that @Yooper's recipe? I brewed it once, really enjoyed it.
It’s not exactly Yooper’s but pretty close, I think.

This one is 55% 2 row, 33% Pilsner, and 12% flaked corn. Magnum and Willamette to 20 IBU and US-05. Finished at 4.7%. Pretty tasty and won’t scare the Lite beer drinkers. 😎

Ommagang’s food is to die for. The chicken n’ waffles is my fav. Idk if it’s still on the menu.
Yes they do!
Yes it is! Hubby enjoyed it and I had mussels from the daily specials menu.

I don’t know which way you’re traveling assuming 88 to 87 home. But the best brewery in the area is wayward lane in schoharie. Like an absolute must visit. They won brewery of the year at tap ny and the ny brewers association this year. Adams a great brewer
Thanks, for the advice! I’m sure 88 to 87 though a little longer would be better than what the GPS has us doing coming up. At least the scenery was nice.
IMG_0205.jpeg
IMG_0206.jpeg
One more beer with dinner at a Polish club in Utica #3 starts with a Z! 😁

Last edited:
Compare and contrast. Traquair Scottish Ale fermented in oak barrels, and my HB Scottish Ale, fermented in my plastic Speidel 30L fermenter and kegged. Surprisingly similar though mine is a bit lighter in color, and obviously lacking the barrel character. But this tells me that I'm on the right path.

View attachment 832029
Yummy! I want to brew a Scottish ale next. Your picture really inspires me.

Back