What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Post 9 mile jog HB vienna lager
IMG_3919.jpeg

Neighbors' chickens are now roosting in my bushes overnight. Spent grain-fed omelette coming my way for tonight's dinner.

Also, HB Strong Bitter

View attachment 825059

Neighbors' hens had moved into my bushes because their home wasn't secure against a curious raccoon. Neighbor "fortified" their coop and herded them back in with his yipyap mutt. Woke up this morning to lady neighbor keening in grief. 3 dead, 1 fatally injured, 1 freaked the f*ck out.

"Fortified."

Neighbors' hens had moved into my bushes because their home wasn't secure against a curious raccoon. Neighbor "fortified" their coop and herded them back in with his yipyap mutt. Woke up this morning to lady neighbor keening in grief. 3 dead, 1 fatally injured, 1 freaked the f*ck out.

"Fortified."
Raccoons are the only thing stopping me from having a small flock. 😕

The usual problem is most backyard hen keepers build their coops to keep the chickens in. Better, and more expensive, to build them to keep predators out.

Neighbor is a good natured guy, but no engineer. The run is chicken wire attached to a few uprights, open along the bottom edge. 'Fortification' comprised of laying some loose firewood in front of said open bottom edge.

Neighbor is a good natured guy, but no engineer. The run is chicken wire attached to a few uprights, open along the bottom edge. 'Fortification' comprised of laying some loose firewood in front of said open bottom edge.
A chain link fence dog pen doesn’t work either, unless the fabric goes into the ground and the fowl is kept a raccoon’s arm length away from it. Essentially needing a strong perimeter around the coop and yard area. When one has a small suburban flock a couple go into the food chain are missed. So sad.

Now that's the Remmy I remember! 😏

Several after work beers. Helles kicked..😭. SNPA/HB-NEIPA and now same with the very last ever Anchor Steam. 😔

Anyone on the east coast hear of Sideways Brewery in North Carolina. Have a story if so.

View attachment 825105View attachment 825106View attachment 825107View attachment 825108View attachment 825109

Late reply, but I am in a camper 45 minutes from Sideways and don't live too much further away. Always up for a story.

It's 80⁰+ here in the mountains but it's still stout season. Cheers y'all!

PXL_20230721_201753221~2.jpg

Latest posts

Back