What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB smoked porter
IMG_20230402_172821.jpg

Two grilling essentials: a beer and my Bug-A-Salt. Both the glass and the knowledge that this life altering fly swatter exists courtesy of @ThirstyPawsHB. My iteration of Janet's Brown Ale:
View attachment 816728
Tis the season here also. Time for some "Say hello to my little friend!" action!

Super clear. Pretty good.

PXL_20230402_234841548.PORTRAIT.jpg

Today’s heavy hitter is an 11% slug in the jaw recommended to me by my booze-curious Doctor daughter. Dragon’s Milk is a Barrell-Aged whopper of a stout. Pours a heavy bodied glassful with a 1/4” brownish head lingering for a minute, just a faint lacing that dissipates, lower-medium carbonation.

Flavor has the expected toffee, dark chocolate and coffee reminders, as well as a slight vanilla essence from aging in oak bourbon barrels. Solid boozy mouthfeel, but hides the wine-strength “beer” here well. Really, much more and I need to treat this as gulp of Chardonnay.

Easy drinking despite the heavy alcohol dosage, you walk away from this bad boy feeling like you’ve spent a cold afternoon slurping Southern Comfort out of a football game Bota Bag stuffed in your armpit. Dragon’s Milk is a hit! Make sure to pick a designated driver, you’ll need to after a 4-pack of these.

5DFC7BAE-0AE3-415C-AEB3-461F7EEF02CC.jpeg

A lot of beer was drank and a lot of fish were caught, only a couple pics, no service where we were at so didn't have my phone with me for much of it. The one by itself is 18 inch, the four at the bottom range from 17 to 20 inches. All rainbow trout, we caught some brownies as well, Saturday was 55f and raining in the morning, warmed up to 70f in the afternoon, good day of fishing, by the time we got done at dinner it was raining and snowing sideways. Sunday morning was in the 20s and windy, cold day for trout fishing but we slayed them again.
20230331_191126.jpg
20230401_123935.jpg
20230402_152347.jpg

20230403_131743.jpg

Edit: after getting official measurements from my dad, the fish on the left is 22 inches and weighed in at 3lb 5oz

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0.jpg
    imagejpeg_0.jpg
    487 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
That’s a dirty trick!
It has an upside, I sanitize with vinegar, and rinse with Bud Light in my carboys and kegs. It's also part of the base for my soups. I don't know what all the fuss is about drinking that stuff is though. I get that bud light for free for the same reason, so I consider it a paid compliment!

Latest posts

Back