What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB passionfruit Gose, and a lot of foam.
4B0CF3D6-1575-4826-8AFD-5539D9628DE4.jpeg

Brown sugar smoked cider hydro sample. Not getting much of either but it's not bad. Definitely need to get it in the bottle to age.
View attachment 816626
How do you make a smoked cider? Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

How do you make a smoked cider? Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Haha! After I bottled my smoked porter I dumped 3 gallons of apple juice onto the yeast cake and added 1# of dark brown sugar, just because.... Not much to make an interesting newsletter!🍻

I just made a batch of homemade Rose's Lime Cordial using this recipe: How to Make Your Own Lime Cordial (Rose's Lime Juice) - Jeffrey Morgenthaler

...and I'm trying it out now. I poured 1/2 ounce over ice, then added 2 ounces of Seagram's gin, and poured it back and forth to another glass a couple of times to mix it. The quantities for the lime and the citric acid in the recipe are kinda weird; I just used 1 Tbsp of citric acid and the juice and zest of 2 small organic Persian limes. It's a bit too tart but still good. (I'm glad I didn't use 2 Tbsp of acid) Perhaps by small limes he meant Key limes and these are a little larger than that. If I make another batch to top off the empty Rose's bottle I put it in, I'll make it the same way but add more sugar and water; maybe 300 grams of each.

I'm going to try the same thing with blood oranges.

Last edited:
HB Irish Stout ☘️. This is the experimental 3 step batch I started 2 months ago. It isn’t the Guinness clone I was hoping for, but it’s not too bad. I’ve definitely never brewed one that tastes like this. I’m glad I tried it, but unless it starts to grow on me, I doubt I’ll do it again.
09997732-03FC-4F24-BCED-47381DEB8F18.jpeg

Back