What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some hb’d cold ipa courtesy of @RCope . Really really nice. Solid flavor and aroma and a beautifully clean ferm profile. All in his personalized willi glass
250A8D78-1ACE-47E6-93A6-4ED6CBC51241.jpeg

Busch “Latte”.
849FA5A1-FE7F-4712-93B6-DC303DA46DCD.jpeg
A few years ago, Paste magazine did a blind taste test of American Light Lagers. This one scored 15th out of 30 beers sampled. One taster’s comment was “…this just barely meets the minimum requirements to be considered beer”. I wouldn’t disagree…

Another one from the 12 Beers of Christmas. Forgot to mention, this had a delightful lemon-citrus flavor to go with the dark malts. Not overwhelming in any characteristic, nicely balanced. Low carbonation, but somehow I liked this still and think effervescence would actually get in the way.
BEED1090-5FF1-4176-8F84-72E19B271582.jpeg

Last edited:
Kolsch cider? Is that cider fermented with Kolsch yeast, or is it a hybrid cider/beer? In any case, it looks absolutely delicious.
Thanks! I put the juice on the yeast cake of a Kolsch I had just bottled. Got a little of the Kolsch character and a little hops for a few months but that has faded now. Still a tasty cider though.

Boy, thought 1 ton of rock would be more...

View attachment 816958

It'll feel like a lot more after you get done shoveling it. ;)

One summer about 10 years ago I did our landscaping with river rock much like that. I don't recall the exact amount, but it was somewhere around 20 cu yards, at about 2600 lbs/cu yd. Kept me busy several weekends--just a shovel and a wheelbarrow. After that I had to make a few visits to the chiro to get my back adjusted. In hindsight should've rented a Bobcat.

It'll feel like a lot more after you get done shoveling it. ;)

One summer about 10 years ago I did our landscaping with river rock much like that. I don't recall the exact amount, but it was somewhere around 20 cu yards, at about 2600 lbs/cu yd. Kept me busy several weekends--just a shovel and a wheelbarrow. After that I had to make a few visits to the chiro to get my back adjusted. In hindsight should've rented a Bobcat.
You got the numbers correct. This is Mexican River Rock from the tip of Baja at $750/ton. We don't have the final design yet but love it for sure.

Getting there...

PXL_20230405_225720010.jpg

Ahhh...happy 2ºC cold-infused CO2 clouds....nicely fit into my fridge. :yes: Celebrating with an Establishment Brewing Co. 'Great Gig in the Sky' 8.2% Imperial Raspberry sour. Losing gas somewhere (need a couple more sizes of hose clamps), but a great next step. Finally! Now, onto pressurized fermentation!!
Cheers everyone! :bigmug:

Keg_Gas_Establishment.jpg

Back