What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since it's a Friday in Lent, the corned beef is still brining, to be made tomorrow.
Since someone drank all my Tullamore Dew (and didn't replace it), all I've got is a leftover bottle of Lump of Coal Stout from the back of the fridge.
The workday was a 3 hour, completely redundant and unnecessary professional development AND an unrelated 2 hour long Zoom with the big bosses.

Padraigh, m'boy, I've gaht ye tamorrah!

Oh, and by the way, St. Pete, you better be sliding beads on that Purgatory Abacus in my favor!

This blend of a quad and a Belgian kreik ale. Slight banana and clove, definitely "Belgian" aroma and taste. They recommend serving at 50*f and as it warms up from fridge temp the cherry starts to come through. Next time I'll let it warm up before starting. Very tasty. 9.7% abv
View attachment 815309
I love that beer. It is the closest Kreik to Lindemann's Kreik Lambic in the US.

Because it is St. Patrick's Day after all...
1679100384474.png

Had that at the brewery when I was in Cooperstown for induction weekend a few years ago. I want to say that they served it a bit colder than 50F. Quite enjoyed it either way.
I used to live about 90 minutes from Brewery Ommegang. Always loved stopping in there when in Cooperstown. They hold a Waffles and Puppets event every fall that's a real fun time.

Dead Moon Night Imperial stout, by local Dandy Brewing Co., 2022 vintage. This is quickly becoming one of my favourites...deep coffee, smoky charcoal and malt flavours are there and it's a healthy 10%, but not boozy at all. Good thing I'm only tying flies this afternoon...there's 3 more in the fridge! :rock:🥴 Cheers! 🍻

dandy_stout2.jpg

Back