What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
December 8 brings us a FANTASTIC Helles, Tasty and Delicious! Brewed by Landgang Brauerei GmbH & Co., KG out of Hamburg, Germany. Another Northern German brew.

Helle Aufregung Helles, is a 5.0% ABV malty and delicious Hell – it is SO DRINKABLE!!! I nearly put this down in 3 chugs!

Wow, here I am writing, and my beer is nearly gone. Great job Landgang!!! Small amount of head, light lacing, totally balanced - I think you will enjoy this! Prost!

IMG_6091.jpeg

Not drinking this one now, but I saw this on the shelf (conveniently there was no price tag) and grabbed it. Almost had a heart attack when it rang up for $60 but should be a good beer when I eventually open it.
View attachment 836109
More affordable than Utopia!

You know, I think December 9 is my new favorite day. When I pulled this surprise can of Turbo Prop Imperial Pils, fond memories washed all over me remembering last year’s Advent Calendar. This was my favorite brew from the 2022 box….. Let’s pop this can open and give the 2023 batch a try……

Success! Once again, excellent! A hefty Imperial Pils, clocking in at 6.5% ABV, all the flavors are there – grainy, malty and nice hop forward - but still restrained Continental hops. Turbo Prop is produced by Propeller Getränke GmbH, Bad Laasphe, Germany.

The smell coming off this delicious Pilsner brings back childhood memories of the brewing smells I experienced while playing in the park adjacent to my hometown brewery in Olympia back in the 1960’s! Funny how scent-memory sticks with you all these decades later. It is a nostalgic trip down memory lane for sure, but this time better – I’m old enough to drink the beer this time!

This is a great Imperial Pils, sure to please. Let’s talk them into shipping it to the US in Sixers, who’s with me? Prost!

IMG_6094.jpeg

Latest posts

Back