What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Modern wcipa w/ simcoe & strata. Think I’m getting clashing flavors &/or sulphur from 34/70.

IMG_1076.jpeg

Having one of the few remaining bottles of Scottish wee heavy I bottled Nov 2022. Still holding up well. Sweet maltiness, some stone fruit. Not tasting oxidation notes. I'm sticking with that LODO trifecta. I've been using it in my bottled beers the last couple years and I think it makes a big difference.

20231207_162146.jpg

Got all my gear hauled out for brew day tomorrow.

Another freakish nightmare of a can is discovered under flap number 7. This time it is Bambule Pilsener, 5.0% ABV, a product of ÜberQuell GmbH, Hamburg, Germany.

So this would technically be a “Northern” Germany Pils, note the other spelling of “Pilsener” found in many Northern German Pilsners, er Pilseners. This tasty treat is a bit cloudy for a Pils. I think some of the cloudiness these Advent Calendar cans are suffering from is due to transportation agitation and long periods of laying horizontally on their sides at room temperature. These are pulled and really only spend one day tipped upright in the refrigerator before drinking, so not enough time to clarify.

This is a fantastic Pils, it has a bit more body than many Pilsners I’ve had recently. Small amount of head, fantastic lacing, great hopping level. I’m really enjoying this! Prost!

IMG_6052.jpeg
IMG_6054.jpeg

I see your 14% @TheDudeLebowski , but can only show a 12%. But, did yours have 3/4 of an inch of cocoa nibs left in the glass....nnnnn I think not! Wasn't too bad until it got chewy near the end! 😆

Alesmith Brewing Co. 'Speedway Stout' from San Diego, CA. I knew things were a bit more 'liberal' down that way, but wow!

Tasted like English Trifle for the first few cool sips, lots of deep cherry and chocolate, then changed into a reaaaally strong cup of coffee with whisky. Very nice. Cheers! :yes:🥴

Alesmith_Stout.jpg

View attachment 836007Turned on TNF and saw the lead NE had. Decided not to jinx it with a Massachusetts beer, so Maine Beer Company it is.
Although @TheDudeLebowski is right, we want a better draft pick. Come on Steelers! 🤣
Steelers are starting to remember how to play football and Renegade is playing, you may get that wish.

OT
20231207_214035.jpg

I am participating in the Miami Area Society of Homebrewers' 2023 Beer draft.

I drafted the following ingredients:

Brew with at least 5 of these 7:
Malts: Pilsner, Wheat, Aromatic, Caramunich II
Hops: Amarillo, Citra, Columbus

Required:
Yeast: American Ale
Wildcard: Peach

For a 2.5 gallon batch, my recipe was:

Pilsner 6.5 lbs
Caramunich II 0.75 lbs

60 mins - Columbus 16% 21 g
5 mins - Citra 12.5% 28 g