What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB New Zealand WC pilsner.

IMG_0766.jpeg

Gave you or made for you? Cool either way 👍
It's from the Island of Misfit Toys. He takes most of his vacations going to glass blowing camp up in Vermont or travelling to museums for glass. I like quirky and handmade and what he was trying to do. This came from his class and he said was embarrassed. He gave up halfway thru on this one trying to learn the technique Too thick and uneven. He'll bring piles of stuff he doesn't want back for everyone. He does know I like my booze so he gave me first choice over a bunch of glasses. I'm like "I like quirky handmade. I usually break my glasses anyways. This thing is for me. Tough to break"
IMG_20230616_192130.jpg

Last edited:
Wanted to try a backlit photo of my Dark Belgian Tripel. Hmmm, I like it! Keg is carbed perfectly, with a nice creamy head that lasts, tiny bubbles for the entire glass and just about enough 'bite' from the fizz. I actually bumped the pressure up last night to 12psi and I like the results.

This is only my third kegged beer, and each version has had these little tiny bubbles and more of a creamy head. ( Good riddance to bottles! :D ) Is this from the style of beer I am making? Do I have to go longer at a lower psi? I don't mind having a 'nitro / Guiness' style head and fizz, but I'd like to make a big - bubble, small head beer next. Pilsner? I would appreciate any suggestions - PM if possible. Thanks in advance.

Happy Friday everyone! Cheers! :bigmug:

Backlit_Dark_Tripel.jpg

Dark_Tripel_June23.jpg

Tha
Thats a big hurt hearing they're cutting back on distro. One of my first brew loves and the base of one of my fav recipes.
I saw that too. It sucks. Fortunately, I live in California so I will still be able get thier beer.

Back