What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB wheat sour
IMG_20220730_170114.jpg

Brewed another batch of this today because the floating dip tube is starting to suck up debris from the bottom. I’ll miss this keg. With the yeast pitched, it’s safe to drink.
F8758055-9A9F-4A8A-8DFE-402C56A1221E.jpeg

It’s my stupid Panther Piss Ultra Dry rice lager and it’s quite a process. Fired up my strike water at 5.30 this morning and pitched at quarter to four in the afternoon. I’m looking forward to knocking out some less technical beers for this Fall. This is an amazing summer beer, so it’s worth it.

A clean kettle deserves a reward.
A3DF4124-83E7-4198-9B51-610164E6D6F1.jpeg

Boho pils, color is too light, but it’s a nice beer. I suppose I could do better, but I don’t see the point in getting serious about Czech beer. They’re as humble as they are excellent. It’s best to leave them alone, they’re nothing like the Germans.

MLT is clean, I deserve a reward better than my soft water cream ale. I tossed some baking soda in it for the lolz. I was surprised by the results. Sometimes water makes no sense.
827FD296-CCFB-47E8-9432-A77363F16F73.jpeg

Everything is dried off and put away. Time to eke out another pour from the dregs of my OLY-400 hefe keg. It’s a dreadful hefe, by Gordon Strong’s standards, but I think it’s quite nice.

AF32AEE7-B929-4983-82D5-7389DB9B77FA.jpeg

Time to make some dinner!

There were 41 in our class. We had our (so far) only reunion 4 years ago-50 years. Thirty-five were still alive then, seventeen showed up. Two more have passed since then. The guy who organized that reunion is trying to get the remaining survivors interested in a 55fh reunion next year. He’s not getting many takers.
Class of ‘78 here. For you guys feeling old. 😁

I went to a large hs in Philadelphia. 550 in our graduating class. I’ve been off of FB for a few years but they had a group on there. Last I saw it a few years ago there were about 125 of us left. Tough Philadelphia city life I guess. I moved out of that city as fast I could years and years ago and never looked back. I always said Philadelphia was a great place to be FROM. Never went to any reunions. My best friend from school passed in Feb 2020 and I drove 2 hours to the city to go to his funeral. He was only 59 but wasn’t in the best of health.

Tonight we made watermelon tequila cocktails with the other half of the watermelon from last time.

F7DB642A-FF42-4D71-A091-77C6BDA38347.jpeg

Class of ‘78 here. For you guys feeling old. 😁

I went to a large hs in Philadelphia. 550 in our graduating class. I’ve been off of FB for a few years but they had a group on there. Last I saw it a few years ago there were about 125 of us left. Tough Philadelphia city life I guess. I moved out of that city as fast I could years and years ago and never looked back. I always said Philadelphia was a great place to be FROM. Never went to any reunions. My best friend from school passed in Feb 2020 and I drove 2 hours to the city to go to his funeral. He was only 59 but wasn’t in the best of health.

Tonight we made watermelon tequila cocktails with the other half of the watermelon from last time.

View attachment 776430
550 down to 125 in 44 years is unbelievably sad. Class of '75 here, with a graduation of somewhere around 500. I think we've lost only around 10% -15% but that number is growing at a much faster rate now.

Excuse the beer choices they were limited, but it is hot and these hot the spot. Mrs and I watching the band Kansas at the NJ Festival of Ballooning. For a 50 year old band, they were great and a great show. View attachment 776485
We’ve seen them a couple times in recent years. They do still put on a show. Some great songs too.

Back