What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thx @CTownBrewer

53268E41-8237-4D1F-A79B-3100B6F9D1C0.jpeg
8E7F7319-DD53-479D-B03D-A57685FE6000.jpeg

My soft water Nottingham cream ale is starting to turn the corner after about three weeks in the keg. It’s still a bit brothy/bready/yeasty but it’s finally starting to clear. The Lemondrop hops are starting to shove the yeast out of the spotlight and I’m really enjoying them.

Certainly not a great beer and I’m not enthusiastic about getting to enjoy a keg of the swill, but I’m glad I brewed it. It confirmed the data that I gathered over the past two years and leaves me confident that a solid charge of gypsum is key to making the kind of light, dry beer that I enjoy. I’ll leave the soft water to the Czechs, they’re good at it. I’m not.
F1349570-66D1-4610-8A41-54FC92AF0A62.jpeg

My soft water Nottingham cream ale is starting to turn the corner after about three weeks in the keg. It’s still a bit brothy/bready/yeasty but it’s finally starting to clear. The Lemondrop hops are starting to shove the yeast out of the spotlight and I’m really enjoying them.

Certainly not a great beer and I’m not enthusiastic about getting to enjoy a keg of the swill, but I’m glad I brewed it. It confirmed the data that I gathered over the past two years and leaves me confident that a solid charge of gypsum is key to making the kind of light, dry beer that I enjoy. I’ll leave the soft water to the Czechs, they’re good at it. I’m not.
View attachment 776236

Keep up the water chemistry work. Worth the effort!

Sat down with a couple of coworkers to prep the next school year's English curriculum. Technically, I run the Religion department, but past experience makes me more than JAFO. We went through SN Citrus Wheat, Pizza Port Swami, Grapefruit Sculpin, and Lagunitas Maximus. Now, to slow down and enjoy a Pizza Port Ponto. I want to drink homebrew, but finishing last school year's paperwork and prepping for next year means no summer vacay, and therefore no brewery time-what is in the fermenters stays (hopefully without spoiling), and nothing new can be made.
IMG_2364.JPG

Weller is one of the short supply limited releases every year that we have to put our names into a drawing for and literally win a lottery for the right to purchase one bottle here in PA. Very hard to come by.
I had to go back and dig up this post. PA State Store just held the limited lottery drawings for this year’s Van Winkle releases. I entered, didn’t win the right to buy any. But here’s what we’re dealing with in PA:

“Thank you for participating in the most recent Limited-Release Lottery. Over the five-day entry period, ending June 10, there were more than 188,000 eligible entries received for the five lotteries: Van Winkle 2021 release and four single bourbon lotteries.

All products have been awarded to winning entrants, and this lottery is officially closed.”

Back