What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apparently, my wife decided I needed some bar accessories, so she gave me a decanter with 6 Old Fashioned glasses for Xmas. To put the decanter to use I filled it with one of my favorite Canadians.
DF61C007-D745-498E-92A2-3E199955012F.jpeg

A friend and I plan on trying our hand at hop growing. We've ordered 8 rhizomes, 4 Cascade and 4 Cashmere. Fingers crossed.
I did cascade and Northern Brewer for a while. I had very limited sun but both did very well. Cascade was like a weed. I think it would take off anywhere. I think NB likes a cooler climate and really liked my "shady" yard. Im not sure if it would like full sun

I’ve been a volunteer firefighter on a rural department for over 40 years. I’ve probably responded to close to 100 wildland fires In that time and, after each one, I’m left with a smoky taste/aroma in the back of my mouth and sinuses. Scotch tastes, to me, like “18 hours at a grass fire”. I am not a Scotch drinker. I don’t think I’ve ever met another wildland firefighter who likes Scotch. I’d be willing to bet @camonick isn’t a big fan of Scotch, either.
Yep, can’t do it. It makes me gag. I’ve tried and just can’t. Wildland fires and haystacks are the worst. I’m trying to imagine what a burning hospital would smell like :oops:. I don’t like the way they smell when they aren’t on fire.

Last edited:
I did cascade and Northern Brewer for a while. I had very limited sun but both did very well. Cascade was like a weed. I think it would take off anywhere. I think NB likes a cooler climate and really liked my "shady" yard. Im not sure if it would like full sun
We have a really nice climate, (hopefully good for hops too), sunny and 65-75 virtually every day from April - November. Cool nights usually in the mid-upper 50s. We'll have to water often since we really don't get any rain during those months. Looking forward to this.

7k ipa @ santa fe. Also had an imp Java stout but forgot pic...
16446236441372066933493472463475.jpg
16446250033985936506540539302127.jpg

Edit. Head for days on this one. A dudes dream date. I even have chapstick on in the high desert of abq. Cudos to the clean glassware

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back