What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
16446320875221574187171169369488.jpg

Well, we definitely have carb! 🤣 :rock: Has great retention now, and a beautiful pop from the flip-top 750mL, but not a very fizzy HB if that makes sense. Hmmm. Taste is spot on for a spruce tip WCIPA, however, and I'll aim for more bubbles on the next one. Overall, very happy with this beer. Woohoo! :D

Sprucey_Carb.jpg

Well, we definitely have carb! 🤣 :rock: Has great retention now, and a beautiful pop from the flip-top 750mL, but not a very fizzy HB if that makes sense. Hmmm. Taste is spot on for a spruce tip WCIPA, however, and I'll aim for more bubbles on the next one. Overall, very happy with this beer. Woohoo! :D

View attachment 759215
Ohhh hoo, sweet, sweet pourn. Love the spruce tips, always sounds so tasty, wish I could take a sip of that.

Same. In a barrel, in a cave, the way it should be aged.

What would be the opposite? Aged in HDPE, in the waiting area of a Denny's in Cleveland.
I honestly have no clue how widespread Schells distribution is, but damn near anything they release is worth buying. I live across town from the brewery so it’s great being able grab the seasonal releases locally and early.

I honestly have no clue how widespread Schells distribution is, but damn near anything they release is worth buying. I live across town from the brewery so it’s great being able grab the seasonal releases locally and early.
Lucky bostich!
Living in Chicago, I feel the same way about Omega yeast. Can't get it any fresher.

Just picked up a bottle of Highclere myself, Downton Abbey fan? The taster I had at the store knocked my socks off. Love that the bottle art lists the botanicals used. Amazeballz gin. My wife won't let me open it.

Last edited:
At my son’s basketball game last night, the school had some tables set up loaded with old game tapes from days gone by. I dug through them and found several from my high school days. Drinking a HB Irish Red Ale and watching myself in my glory days 30 years ago. Man I wish I was still in that kind of shape!!
511977E1-1E43-483F-8DC3-A3AAA1D9E2B3.jpeg

At my son’s basketball game last night, the school had some tables set up loaded with old game tapes from days gone by. I dug through them and found several from my high school days. Drinking a HB Irish Red Ale and watching myself in my glory days 30 years ago. Man I wish I was still in that kind of shape!!
View attachment 759229
Awesome!!

Just picked up a bottle of Highclere myself, Downton Abbey fan? The taster I had at the store knocked my socks off. Love that the bottle art lists the botanicals used. Amazeballz gin. My wife won't let me open it.
@Jayjay1976 Nope, just love a good Martini. I usually make 'em relatively wet, but I go much dryer with this gin because it's so delicious. I'm also a fan of The Botanist, Bulldog and Ford's. Open it. It's meant to be enjoyed, not to be an art piece lol.

Last edited:
Yep, can’t do it. It makes me gag. I’ve tried and just can’t. Wildland fires and haystacks are the worst. I’m trying to imagine what a burning hospital would smell like :oops:. I don’t like the way they smell when they aren’t on fire.

I did some Wildland Firefighting in my younger days with the Forest Service. I remember my first outing holding the line on a prescribed burn with smoke billowing in my face and another veteran just down from me smoking a cig with smoke billowing in his face lol. Most new people threw up their first time or two out in it.

Latest posts

Back