What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished the second boil (whewphh!), hops are in, icing it out and very happy. It's going to be a big one! 👍🏻🤓🔥

A small prayer to the Trappists for a super-strong Porter. Have a great night, fellow brewers...Blessed Be!

Trappp.jpg

Some cider that I found while cleaning in the utility room after the floor drain backed up. (there were six 500ml bottles that I forgot about) I think it's cheap Aldi's or Kirkland apple juice, a little sugar, and T-58 yeast but it might be kveik yeast. At least something good came from having the sewer main clog up with roots again. And it clogged on a Friday early enough to get the plumber out here w/o paying weekend rates.

Some cider that I found while cleaning in the utility room after the floor drain backed up. (there were six 500ml bottles that I forgot about) I think it's cheap Aldi's or Kirkland apple juice, a little sugar, and T-58 yeast but it might be kveik yeast. At least something good came from having the sewer main clog up with roots again. And it clogged on a Friday early enough to get the plumber out here w/o paying weekend rates.
That sucks! Sorry! I can relate. I had something similar happen recently.... It was awful. At least you got something out of it and can look on the bright side.

That sucks! Sorry! I can relate. I had something similar happen recently.... It was awful. At least you got something out of it and can look on the bright side.
My sewer mains clog up about every 2 years. I think it's from the maple tree across the street. I had a reminder on my calendar a month ago to call the plumber to have him run the root cutter down the cleanout all the way to the street, but I dismissed it because COVID; said I would take care of it in a month or two after we got vaccines. The pipes had other plans.

At least the cider is good, and I got some junk cleared out. And it didn't happen on a Saturday night this time.

Cutting back on alcohol consumption and been drinking these instead. A tea that satisfies an ipa craving. Love it.
View attachment 714716

I'm with you especially the day before work so doing these 5oz flight glasses. 'ol man just can't do 12hrs of work the day after any more.

HB Chocolate RIS

PXL_20210116_231710556.jpg

Back