What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB Blonde Ale after moving this china cabinet out of my MIL’s apartment and into our dining room. Thanks to my very large oldest grandson for some much needed extra muscle.
BE8579A3-902C-4AE4-8CB6-8C33FAED4B6F.jpeg

I'm going to post this twice: here and on the what did I cook this weekend (or whatever the thread name is).
I let this beer carb near the bottom end of the yeast's optimum range. Took months. ABV is at least 13%. Flavor has some sweetness, but presents on the dry side. Nice tripel character. And it's a extract w/grain. I could drink it forever without missing other professional-quality beers of the same style.
beer and brownies.jpg

I saw Medusa is selling a bunch of them this week!
Yeeees. Had to refrain myself. They were selling tap handles for $1. I picked up their Belgian ale which was pretty good. It's good to see that breweries with the slow down are doing a lot of barrel stuff. I wonder if this will sway the trend. I love Silvaticus and their barrel proeject. I wanna see more funk sours tho

I’m sitting here drinking the English mild from @Section1 , paying close attention to the taste and I’m having a thought... he says there is a small amount of peated malt in it and I’m thinking that is the flavor my Irish Stout is missing. I think an experimental batch is in my future.

1DDC3F43-B57F-4FB7-B5F3-A837D49EA0C5.jpeg
Why not one more. Everyone is in bed and I know I’m not ready myself. So Triple 9 on Netflix and this. Canned 11/30/20.
Untappd’s Description:
The DC version of our Citra single hop continues to evolve our approach to the grain bill built to support this hop. Clean and bright malt bill tailored to stand up to and make our hand selected Citra hops pop at the same time.

A @Section1 HB English mild
Because I’m a first responder, I’m on the priority list to receive the Covid vaccine. I got my first injection yesterday and my arm hurts like a mother today. A little liquid pain killer.
Sláinte
View attachment 714428
Wife got the second booster Tuesday. Didn’t have any of the issues I’ve been hearing about. She is still doing 65hr weeks. Thanks for being in the fight. I get it and appreciate it very much. Cheers

Couldn't tell you the last time we ate IN a restaurant. It's been a long, long time ago, and it sucks. We kinda love eating out. Our favorite spot is a place called HOME (Soquel, CA). Anyways, after a lovely discussion with the boss lady there, they agreed to plate the food and bring it out to us. So I came up with some believable story, we drove up there in the rv, and ate "in" out favorite restaurant for my wife's birthday dinner that shouldn't have happened. Also tonight, we were treated to an all female staff from the front to the back of the house. They crushed it!
OT: a glass of local pinot
PXL_20210115_014848049.jpg

.....Our favorite spot is a place called HOME (Soquel, CA)......
View attachment 714445

Don't remember the name anymore but there used to be a restaurant you'd have to take a tram to get up to it. Pretty sure it was Soquel or Aptos. Good food, experience, but pricey for us at the time.

Looks like a great evening after your "rv" trip! 😉

Ot.. Coffee

Don't remember the name anymore but there used to be a restaurant you'd have to take a tram to get up to it. Pretty sure it was Soquel or Aptos. Good food, experience, but pricey for us at the time.

Looks like a great evening after your "rv" trip! 😉

Ot.. Coffee

Shadowbrook - We've eaten there about four times: first time the service sucked, second time I get stomach cramps immediately after, third time my wife got stomach cramps immediately after, and the last time (why was there a last time) the service was trash and our food was cold. With that said, it's a nice spot indeed! We'll never go back...we gave them enough opportunities, but yes, they are a staple in the area.

OT: Rooibos tea w/ some dehydrated mangos

Back