What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Their beers are quite good, but they're still trying to play catch up. They were slated to open on the same day (3/17) CA shutdown for covid. They usually only have 4 or 5 of their own beers on tap, plus a few other local beers, and a few different ciders.

On another note, I know I've recommended you stop at Central Coast Brewery next time you're in town. But the head brewer left and they changed his recipes. Not as good. He opened his own place, Liquid Gravity, go there instead. Also in SLO.

Thanks for the heads up. Talked to dad tho and may not make the trip this year. But 2021 rebound, with vaccines, is around the corner!

9EE0F14C-4EDB-4155-946E-FAB6B579C017.jpeg

@PianoMan is that Bearded Iris' Homestyle? I think I personally took out one of their kegs between their taproom and the local bars and restaurants. My wife knows I love craft beer and country music, so I always volunteer to help my youngest daughter move about during her Vanderbilt education. Such a sacrifice...

Homestyle is basically a single hop Mosaic NEIPA, and is one of my favorites.

The New Glarus Totally Naked recipe (American lager) from Jennifer Talley's awesome book on session beers. The recipe in the book calls for 100% American two-row, but I heard an interview with Dan Carey where he said that Totally Naked is 10% corn so I adjusted the recipe to add corn. Next time I think I'll go 100% two-row, as the corn flavor is a bit too much for me. Nice and refreshing on an 85F night, though.

IMG_6134.jpeg

@PianoMan is that Bearded Iris' Homestyle? I think I personally took out one of their kegs between their taproom and the local bars and restaurants. My wife knows I love craft beer and country music, so I always volunteer to help my youngest daughter move about during her Vanderbilt education. Such a sacrifice...

Homestyle is basically a single hop Mosaic NEIPA, and is one of my favorites.

Easy answers...Yes and Yes!

HB Jalapeno/Mango Hard Lemonade
IMG_20200619_193139.jpg

D084D98E-9841-44D5-88C3-E7FC31CE7E54.jpeg
F2256D93-BB2C-4DD5-85D0-A04C6422232F.jpeg
E626EDEC-80BE-4B5C-9B9E-5F1058DF503C.jpeg
963BA44D-EA83-41D9-97B2-D633A9022A24.jpeg
Did a 5.5 mile hike with the family, three dogs and my in-laws today. Sine we won’t see them Sunday for Father’s Day, I brought a bottle of 2019 120 Minute IPA to enjoy with my father in-law. It’s something I’ve done with him for the last 3-4+ years on Father’s Day. Then the Nimble Giant before the drive back home. Had to pickup some beers along the 1.5 hour drive. Love curbside pickup!
Then two session IPA homebrews from @TheEagleRising! Both didn’t disappoint. 👍🏽

I'm drinking a DIPA from Alefarm, one of my favourite breweries here in Europe, my favourite being Garage Beer Co which is quite local for me too

hteNUJs.jpg

I'm planning the smoking schedule for a brisket I will be making for the summer solstice eve celebration while I drink it, probaby pairing it with Bourbonic Plague or a Hanssens kriek, depending on the rub I use, but a sour will be nice to cut the smoke flavour

Dave, was your trip successful?
Nope, never made it. Our New Zealand visa was canceled, and we didn't find out until checking in for the flight at LAX last night. Our travel agent and contacts in Australia are working on a new routing, visas, and permissions, but it will be a few days at least, so we returned to Tucson while waiting.

Latest posts

Back