What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB dunkel.

D92561F4-A53C-4691-B179-DC1A31790D05.jpeg

0B71020C-6432-4447-8F10-06DB553E153B.jpeg

A milkshake IPA given to me from a friend in our brew club. Since I couldn’t make the meeting tonight I figured I would have this tonight
Enjoyed a HB All Together earlier and a Fat Heads session IPA (no pics). My HB All Together was a hit tonight at the brew club meeting, so that was a nice surprise!

Last edited:
Oh man! Old stomping grounds. You literally drive right by my old job on Hwy1. Looks like a great day brother!

Hb Mango/Jalapeno hard lemonade and HB coffee Stout that just didn't turn out as I wanted.View attachment 685618View attachment 685619

Where's that? We literally made the two hour trek x2 for lobster rolls. That was one of two things on my wife's summer checklist...the other was a banana split. They don't do those in Mexico, and she'd never had one (either).

How's the OEC? I think I have one of those in my "cellar".

Enjoying this after a nice walk to the Cascade Barrel House. Intensely sour-dates-orange peel-vanilla and slight cinnamon as it warms to a wonderfully complex finish. Headed back to Texas in 10 days. I will miss this.
View attachment 685652

Temporarily or longer?

COVID party!! First time we've interacted with people since Jan/Feb. No masks, no social distancing, pretty much a fook it moment, but they're all in the medical field, some tested, but otherwise we've all been confined for a hot minute.

2 hornitos bottles (mango margaritas for everyone), 6yr old and 2yr old @jimyson Jackie O's and a brown ale HB to polish the day off and a fat spliff. Tomorrow may be an issue...but tomorrow is tomorrow

IMG_20200618_214625.jpg
IMG_20200618_203518.jpg
IMG_20200618_194815.jpg
IMG_20200618_192637.jpg
IMG_20200618_224418.jpg

Where's that? We literally made the two hour trek x2 for lobster rolls. That was one of two things on my wife's summer checklist...the other was a banana split. They don't do those in Mexico, and she'd never had one (either).

How's the OEC? I think I have one of those in my "cellar".

Temporarily or longer?

The OEC was top notch, they are really a solid brewery.

Used to be Silicon Systems, now its run by UCSC. The original semiconductor fab, Centertech (sp?), built the chips for the original Atari 2600, circa 1980 when they built the original building. SSI built mostly hard drive controllers. I was hired out of college in October 1988 and we we're then till July 1994 when we moved to Austin. Learned to play tennis there. Look closer and volleyball matches were great when everyone we're in our 20s (M and F, especially the F!
Screenshot_20200619-133657.png
00100trPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200619124311260_COVER.jpg
). Used to practice Kung Fu forms at the pond during lunchtime. Highlight was Wrigley's Gum was across the street and Tutti Fruitti day was Friday. Spent several years, off and on, of my childhood around the are also.

Awaiting crushed granite...

Used to be Silicon Systems, now its run by UCSC. The original semiconductor fab, Centertech (sp?), built the chips for the original Atari 2600, circa 1980 when they built the original building. SSI built mostly hard drive controllers. I was hired out of college in October 1988 and we we're then till July 1994 when we moved to Austin. Learned to play tennis there. Look closer and volleyball matches were great when everyone we're in our 20s (M and F, especially the F!View attachment 685702View attachment 685703). Used to practice Kung Fu forms at the pond during lunchtime. Highlight was Wrigley's Gum was across the street and Tutti Fruitti day was Friday. Spent several years, off and on, of my childhood around the are also.

Awaiting crushed granite...

You mean, one of these : )

(water and hot tea)
IMG_20200619_120031.jpg

New brewery pretty good eh?
Their beers are quite good, but they're still trying to play catch up. They were slated to open on the same day (3/17) CA shutdown for covid. They usually only have 4 or 5 of their own beers on tap, plus a few other local beers, and a few different ciders.

On another note, I know I've recommended you stop at Central Coast Brewery next time you're in town. But the head brewer left and they changed his recipes. Not as good. He opened his own place, Liquid Gravity, go there instead. Also in SLO.

Latest posts

Back