What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exploring 22,000 light years from Earth. HB Red
IMG_20200617_194824.jpg

HB pale ale.
It's a very interesting beer. I brewed it a month ago to beef up my pipeline. It is a 15 minute boil extract brew. 8 gallon batch. Tossed 24 oz crystal 40 into 5 gallons of water to steep as it was heating to 160. After removing the steeping grains I added 8.5 lbs of pilsner DME and brought to boil. All chinook, 90g at 15, 40g at 5, 40g at 1 minute. Brewed a concentrated wort and added tap water to 8 gallons after cooling. Pitched nottingham slurry from the fridge.
What strikes me as interesting is this: I'm sitting here happily drinking this freshly kegged and chilled beer. I do not expect it to earn the high praise I sometimes blurt out spontaneously about some of my beers, (usually around the time the keg is about to kick), "This f*****g beer is delicious."
But it's still a decent drinker. I'd bring it to a coworkers block party, or a large picnic. It's fine for that. But if I was hosting a party myself, or even going to a relatives or close friends party, I'd certainly bring a different beer.
But right now, in the back of my mind I'm wondering, when I draw the next to last pint, will I spontaneously blurt out
"This f*****g beer is delicious?"

Attachments

• 20200617_232111.jpg
    20200617_232111.jpg
    489.6 KB · Views: 14
I've worked on many MD-80's series aircraft as a sheet metal mech years ago when my company still had them. Emu Export was my favorite back in the early 80's, not sure if it's still around. Safe travels and have a cold one for all of us.

Something different for me and something I would have said I wouldn't care for. To my surprise it was tasty. I was expecting it to be carbonated and it isn't. It's good in a wierd way. I would think it could be served either warm or cold. Smells like coffee and vanilla and that's what I tasted.
97DD8E7D-6FBA-440B-BDFC-25DE3437EE6B.jpeg

Something different for me and something I would have said I wouldn't care for. To my surprise it was tasty. I was expecting it to be carbonated and it isn't. It's good in a wierd way. I would think it could be served either warm or cold. Smells like coffee and vanilla and that's what I tasted.
View attachment 685541
Had that a while back both cold and warm. Was not a fan (and $10 for a 4-pack was a bit steep).

Water and ice tea
2hr drive, worth it.
Half Moon Bay
View attachment 685593

Oh man! Old stomping grounds. You literally drive right by my old job on Hwy1. Looks like a great day brother!

Hb Mango/Jalapeno hard lemonade and HB coffee Stout that just didn't turn out as I wanted.
00100trPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200618172021043_COVER.jpg
00100trPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200618181150242_COVER.jpg

Back