What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sierra Nevada Flipside Red IPA

20200425_180614.jpg

Reminiscing post coming up. Please bare with me...

September 25 2013 was my 21st birthday but to me it isn't the alcohol that sticks out. During the day before the drunken festivities, I was working a booth at a health and safety fair for my college job. One of the other booths was a bone marrow registry and they were trying to get me to sign up. I didn't want to participate due the fear of the pain but I signed up to get them to leave me alone. After all, the odds were extremely slim that I'd ever be a match anyway.

Fast forward to around Valentine's day the following year and I get an email saying I was a match for a woman with leukemia. While I was still afraid of the pain, this time it meant so much more. There was a life in my hands and I couldn't say no. Jump to April 24 2014. I'm in a hospital bed getting ready to donate bone marrow to a complete stranger. It hurt like hell but I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

I've since had the privilege of meeting my recipient and she is doing quite well since her transplant. In honor of her sixth rebirthday, this beer goes out to everybody across the globe suffering from cancer as well as the survivors and victims of this horrible disease. Cheers everyone and F**K cancer!
20200425_201428.jpg

September 25 2013 was my 21st birthday but to me it isn't the alcohol that sticks out. During the day before the drunken festivities, I was working a booth at a health and safety fair for my college job. One of the other booths was a bone marrow registry and they were trying to get me to sign up. I didn't want to participate due the fear of the pain but I signed up to get them to leave me alone. After all, the odds were extremely slim that I'd ever be a match anyway.

Fast forward to around Valentine's day the following year and I get an email saying I was a match for a woman with leukemia. While I was still afraid of the pain, this time it meant so much more. There was a life in my hands and I couldn't say no. Jump to April 24 2014. I'm in a hospital bed getting ready to donate bone marrow to a complete stranger. It hurt like hell but I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

I've since had the privilege of meeting my recipient and she is doing quite well since her transplant. In honor of her sixth rebirthday, this beer goes out to everybody across the globe suffering from cancer as well as the survivors and victims of this horrible disease. Cheers everyone and F**K cancer!
View attachment 677434

good for you! Having had a bone marrow biopsy, I can say relatively it’s not that bad. Thank you

View attachment 677434
Feel good post of the year!! Right on @JCasey1992 one of the most selfless acts one can do - giving a part of yourself so another can go on living. Bravo!!

View attachment 677434

Good for you...cheers!!

HB Quad, 12.5% ABV. Nosy inspector but he does know his business when it comes to beer. I posted this on the "Cats" thread as well. View attachment 677389

That...is the darkest "Quad" i have ever seen. I don't believe its a quad by any means. Who made this and called it a quad? Wrong color, wrong clarity, wrong head color...I am just confused by it being called a Quad

Back